Fuel Tank Filler hose

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rdnether

Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
All of those possibilities on a 78 GMC?

Thanks!

Skweegle89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Do they sell extended filler hoses? The PO put this body lift on and now the neck is too short and just flops around in the fuel door. Takes 10 minutes to try to get the cap off so I can get gas.

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
Do they sell extended filler hoses? The PO put this body lift on and now the neck is too short and just flops around in the fuel door. Takes 10 minutes to try to get the cap off so I can get gas.

I would lift the tanks as well

rdnether

Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
Here is a picture of my existing fuel filler neck. Can anyone identify the year? It does use a 1 3/8" hose.

Attachments

• 2014-09-10 08.56.12.jpg
    2014-09-10 08.56.12.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 188

yeol1

Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
When I redid my tanks from my 79 i got new hoses from LMC truck. They where OEM replacements and fit perfectly.

highdesertrange

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
k30
Engine Size
fyi gates makes a full line of the rubber gas fill hoses. can be bought at any parts store that sells gates. if the parts guy doesn't want to take the time to find it go to the gates website find it yourself and take the part # to your parts guy. btw you can do this for radiator hoses also. highdesertranger

roundhouse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
justin
Truck Year
77,78,79,80 ?
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
we have what I think is a 77 stepside,

with TBI, currently using a frame mounted pump

need to replace the tank anyway, and thought wed use a 87 tank with the built in pump
but im getting the feeling that the filler hoses are so different that we cant use the 87 tank?

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
we have what I think is a 77 stepside,

with TBI, currently using a frame mounted pump

need to replace the tank anyway, and thought wed use a 87 tank with the built in pump
but im getting the feeling that the filler hoses are so different that we cant use the 87 tank?

I would see if there is a difference in mounting the 87 fuel sender into the 73-79 tank

tgchevy77

Reaction score
First Name
tommy
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
I was looking for the same thing for my 77 c10. I was thinking of just building mine up from exhaust pipe. Don't know if that would work

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
Thanks for all the help. I think it might be a different bed on it but I am not sure. If this is the case I'm guessing I will need to piece all this together?

Thanks

The fuel door opening is a 79'-83' style. I have both styles and it looks to me like the later 84-87 would retro but Im not sure as I have not actually tried it. But your fuel fill opening is definitely 79'-83'. In 84' it changed from the partial metal splash shield to a plastic splash shield that encased the entire opening.

firebane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Curtis
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
fyi gates makes a full line of the rubber gas fill hoses. can be bought at any parts store that sells gates. if the parts guy doesn't want to take the time to find it go to the gates website find it yourself and take the part # to your parts guy. btw you can do this for radiator hoses also. highdesertranger

I just went there and checked and neither a 74 or a 76 pull a fuel filler hose for these trucks.

ajordan282

Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Here is the passenger side of the dual tank setup that is on my 83. Everything is how it came from the factory.

filler neck behind fuel door
You must be registered for see images attach

factory hoses and metal piping (again I have 16 gallon tanks, not sure what a 20 gallon setup would look like)
You must be registered for see images attach

Bringing this thread back from the dead...my apologies in advance for that!

@Boone83K10 are you aware of where I can get replacements for the metal sections of the filler neck and breather (shown in second pic above)? Driver and Passenger sides are both rusted, pin holes here and there. Its not clear to me that LMC or FillerNeckSupply.com has the right parts. I'll sandblast and weld them if I have to...but thats not ideal :)

I believe I have the exact same setup as you - 83 K10 Long Bed with dual 16gal tanks. Any advice appreciated!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RNFL