fuel hose size

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RockyGryphon

Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
6.2L Diesel
So I discovered that the hose between the metal line to the mechanical lift pump is cracked and leaking. It leaks when I try to start. Also stalls randomly and is hard to start. I noticed two rubber hoses, one from the metal line and the other from the pump that meet with a two inch long coupling or other contraption in the middle. Any idea what this is?

Does anyone happen to know what size hose needs to connect between the pump and line?

I've seen that SAE 30R9 hose is best for this application but can't find size. I've also seen a youtube video with Gates Barricade 225psi fuel injection hose at 1/4" for another part of the fuel system. 11/16" somewhere else.

Any help would be greatly appreciated since I haven't seen anything in posts. Thanks.

RockyGryphon

Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
6.2L Diesel
so the Napa counter clerk said based on the size of the mechanical lift pump the hose size should be 5/8". I bought 3' and replaced the line between the pump and metal line. It looks like someone replaced only a section from where it was previously damaged and visible or easy to access, to the pump, using some connective apparatus. The hose was Gates rubber Barricade something or other for biofuel and multifuel.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RNFL