Front Rotors on 1976 GMC

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Butterz

Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC k1500 considered a full time 4 wheel drive
Engine Size
5.7-350
I have replaced my Rotors on my truck the spindle front bearing is not long enough and a 1/8" off and this allows the rotor to grind against the break cover and the caliper will not bolt on because it is not aligned up to fit now . any answer to fix this problems. I love to use the old spindle bearings but impossible now. So do not know how to find the right length of spindle bearing that allows rotor to fit flush and not against brake cover plate and the caliper sit correct .

I did find 2 2" washer and grinded out center pieces to 40,000 but its temp fix and don't trust it its actually 1/8th inch with both washers together .

So any answer would be great . By the way its not original rotors they were switched out to locking hubs because this truck was a Full time 4x4 hubs off a 84 blazer 4x4 they said. IDK work was done in Alpine AZ 1998.

MikeB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Timken shows only two wheel bearings for 1976 K15: SET45 outer and SET37 inner.

Same with National: A35 outer, A37 inner.

Also, I see only one size rotor. So, I don't know what the problem could be. I'm sure some of the 4WD guys here will have answers.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchell1128