FORD RAKE ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jjewett444

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
Just wondering. These trucks had a little rake from factory. And the last car i had, when it came time to replace some suspension, I did the same thing. When it came time for new front struts, I fired in a set of quick struts, instead of swapping the coils over like I did in the rear. Ended up with the same gasser look. On a little front wheel drive no less. Lol
LOL nice.. maybe I will just replace the shackle bushings and look for a used set of leafs with more springs to stiffen things up. I'm thinking about going with coilover shocks on the rear since I'm in need of them anyway, but that's the deal with the different sized lengths? will any set work?

theblindchicken

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Christian
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 5" lift + 2" BL
Engine Size
350-4, 0.030" over
LOL nice.. maybe I will just replace the shackle bushings and look for a used set of leafs with more springs to stiffen things up. I'm thinking about going with coilover shocks on the rear since I'm in need of them anyway, but that's the deal with the different sized lengths? will any set work?

Different lengths are more than likely for the different ride heights of the 1/2, 3/4, and 1ton trucks and lifted trucks too.

Personally i'd stay away from the coilover type shocks since you'll be adding load onto the shock mounts. They're already only single shear on the top mount, so you'll be adding a torque force on the frame. Gonna make it a little more susceptible to cracking or shearing that mount a lot easier.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Ok times up.....this is a Ford rake....
You must be registered for see images attach

twinturbo427

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban
Engine Size
Use Suburban rear springs and call it good. They are available everywhere and even worn out will boost that backend up.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
These will do the trick....
You must be registered for see images attach