Flasher relay

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Boltrunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20
Engine Size
So my wife has a little chrysler cirrus. Turn signals went out on her the other week. All fuses are good. So im sure its the flasher unit. Problem is i cant find the relay. Ive had the dash apart and the cover off the steering column. Help would be greatly appreciated

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
So my wife has a little chrysler cirrus. Turn signals went out on her the other week. All fuses are good. So im sure its the flasher unit. Problem is i cant find the relay. Ive had the dash apart and the cover off the steering column. Help would be greatly appreciated
Don’t know about that particular car, but quite a few car manufacturers stated running everything threw the hazard switch. Unless that’s just European manufacturers. I’m thinking witchy poos Edge is that way since the annoying click comes from the center of the dash. Worth a look though.

Boltrunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20
Engine Size
There is a relay on the multifunction switch on the column. I didnt try swapping it because the replacement i have is a different size. I just went out there again and its all tore apart right now. Could just the turn signal portion of the multifunction switch go? Every other function its suppose to do works

Boltrunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20
Engine Size
Her cirrus is a 96 so not way up there in tech but more than our squares

Boltrunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20
Engine Size
Well i flopped that relay over. No go. All fuses are good. So is it safe to assume that just the turn signal/ hazard portion of the mfs is no good? If so thats an sob. Definitely more money than i want to put into this cursed car. The thing is an animal magnet. Even the 25 for the relay was more than i want to put into this thing. Its sucking money from the square. I need new window cranks damnit. My turn signals work. What should i care if she has them lol

Boltrunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20
Engine Size
Woa. That's a great video. How in the world did you find it?
I saw that as well when i was searching but i didnt watch it because i didnt know what the differences between chryslers different size models were. I was looking for the cirrus/stratus/ breeze area.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
I saw that as well when i was searching but i didnt watch it because i didnt know what the differences between chryslers different size models were. I was looking for the cirrus/stratus/ breeze area.
The vid I posted was for a stratus pretty much same as a circus right?

Boltrunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20
Engine Size
Exactly the same. Feel kinda :doh2:.For not checking it out but oh well haha. Those damn switches are expensive. And it dosent look like there are any at the junkyards around. I dont think shes getting turn signals any time soon haha

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size
Make sure there aren’t any recalls for it or any other massively dysfunctional equipment. GM N Bodies had hazard flasher problems to kingdom come in the late 90s and early 00s, and they did a recall for it. I thought there may have been another marque that did, too, but I could be mistaken.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Wow. I find it amazing that one of those cars are still on the road. You say it's cursed, but really it's magical, lol.

CorvairGeek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20 Scottsdale
Engine Size
292 L6, T400
Make sure there aren’t any recalls for it or any other massively dysfunctional equipment. GM N Bodies had hazard flasher problems to kingdom come in the late 90s and early 00s, and they did a recall for it. I thought there may have been another marque that did, too, but I could be mistaken.
Steering column contact issues in the N cars, IIRC.

Boltrunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20
Engine Size
Wow. I find it amazing that one of those cars are still on the road. You say it's cursed, but really it's magical, lol.
Haha when i bought it it had already been repaired twice from deer. We bought it after the third deer. Since we have had it she has hit a dog chasing a deer in the middle of the night a few prairie dogs a rabbit and another deer. I fixed everything when we first bought it and now its smashed just like nothing ever happened.

RustyPile

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Truck Year
1983 GMC
Truck Model
Engine Size
350 SBC
Haha when i bought it it had already been repaired twice from deer. We bought it after the third deer. Since we have had it she has hit a dog chasing a deer in the middle of the night a few prairie dogs a rabbit and another deer. I fixed everything when we first bought it and now its smashed just like nothing ever happened.
Sounds like it time to let her go --- the car not the wife... lol..

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchell1128