Fixing brake lines=removing truck bed?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bullitt429442

Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Truck Year
Truck Model
V30
Engine Size
So my brake line broke & exhaust so instead of having rust fall in my face, work in the dark, & bang my head, I said screw it, bye bye bed. I just removed it today,here’s some pics so far.(thank goodness for chain hoist)

You must be registered for see images attach

Craig 85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
454/TH-400/NP205
Me and a neighbor were able to slide mine off and onto a dolly I made without much difficulty. I was surprised it was that easy.

While you have it off, I would check the condition your rubber fuel lines. It's super easy to change them if needed with the bed off.

Bullitt429442

Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Truck Year
Truck Model
V30
Engine Size
Me and a neighbor were able to slide mine off and onto a dolly I made without much difficulty. I was surprised it was that easy.

While you have it off, I would check the condition your rubber fuel lines. It's super easy to change them if needed with the bed off.

shiftpro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
shiftpro
Truck Year
73-87
Truck Model
1500, 2500, 3500
Engine Size
350, 383, 454, 496!
Right on here's a man with a brain.
You're saving work by not being lazy, imagine that.

Clean up that rust on the box support rails while it's off. Don't forget the rust converter.

Enjoy your new safe brakes, and quite exhaust too!

Green79Scottsdale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I was going to add you might as well clean up the bottom of that bed real nice while it sits like that. Rust converter, paint, and then rubberized undercoating would be my recommendation. I wouldn’t be able to put the bed back on without at least doing the underside of the box. I would hit the frame also after your done.

hatzie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
k20
Engine Size
Will do, I’m going to redo the the trailer wire, a lot of splices & to sloppy.

I usually "upgrade" a U-haul butchered tail harness with the 1985 and later Weatherpak 2x2 4 terminal plug and run four brand new SXL un-interrupted wires all the way to four new Packard 56 terminals that can be inserted in the firewall disconnect plug. My favored method of protecting the wires is expanding mesh sleeve inside split loom with heatshrink rings over the ends of the mesh.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
T3rraBeara