Fitech

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

atb450

Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
Anybody using the Fitech systems? I'm really interested for my project but a little nervous about the price difference with other brands

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10/LM7 5.3/4L60e/np208/3.73/32"
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
Not knowing anything about it, I googled it. There seems to be a lot of good reviews on Summit. I'd read through the reviews, especially any bad ones and form an opinion (weeding out the ones that appear the installer doesn't know what they are doing).

And of course any further info you get here. Sorry I can't help directly.

tdub209

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
TJ
Truck Year
Truck Model
k20
Engine Size
fitech is the best one to with over the holley sniper/terminator kits and the msd kit

1985 K20 w/ a cammed, ported, and bored 350, sm465, np208, 4.10 gears, dana 60 & corp 14, 6" lift, 37s, and a full stereo.

morrow07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Truck Year
1977 - 1989
Truck Model
Cheyenne - V2500
Engine Size
406 - 350
I am currently running the Mean Street 800. Yes it is self-learning, but you do need to do some tweaks. It took me roughly about 5 hours worth of tuning over about a one-month span as time permitted to get it running pretty damn good. My carburetor was great but, it really can't touch the everyday drivability that I get from the throttle body.

You will definitely read some reviews were guys are not happy with it. Some cases it was justified and others it was just a lack of trying. I think a lot of people just assume the self-learning is going to figure everything out for you and you don't have to make any adjustments.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
They have good reviews on thirdgen.org

MikeB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I helped a friend install the FiTech "Go EFI 4 600 HP" system on a 383 in a 56 Chevy. He also used their Fuel Command Center, in lieu of buying a new tank with integral pump and return line provision.

The system was pretty easy to install and set up via the hand-held programmer. And the engine fired up quickly. He did have a couple issues with idle consistency and cold start, but he eventually got them resolved with the help of FiTech support, which he said was great. No way would he ever go back to a carburetor.

Oh yeah, the only thing I didn't like was the press-on fuel hose is VERY hard to push onto the fittings, even using lubricant. In fact, two of the hoses never did push on all the way. First thing I would do is get some regular -6AN fittings and hose.

Last edited:

85gmc6.2

Reaction score
First Name
Morgan
Truck Year
Truck Model
K15 with K20 diff swap---5in lift front and 7in lift rear
Engine Size
I am sold on this product after researching it, definitely investing in it this next summer!

atb450

Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
Thanks everyone for the input! I was born after the carburetor era and I can handle them but I just am not fond. Sounds like I will be going with a Fitech system when the funds are available. Probably the 600 hp option cuz I wanna build a 454 eventually!

77c102door

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Harjeet
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
i bit the bullet and ordered my fitech 600hp with the fuel command unit. gonna arrive on monday

Affende

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Affende
Truck Year
83 and 84
Truck Model
C1500 and K3500 3+3
Engine Size
250 and 454
Keep us updated on this. I am interested in going this route with my 454 ... though i will likely wait on the MPI they have in the works as opposed to the TBI.

Burban

Bear
Reaction score
First Name
H
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban
Engine Size
So did anyone actually go ahead and get one of these?

I'm behind the curve here, just saw them in my new Speedway catalog. I need to replace the carb in my '83 C10 it's got a stock 350 with a very rusted Quadrajet. I'd be looking at getting the Go Street, because I just want drivability and economy, I'm wondering a few things.

1. Do I need to get more than just the kit? I'm reading I might need either a new fuel pump or some added fuel control doo-hickey?
2. The '83's have a spaghetti junction of smog control crap, can I throw most of this away, plug holes in manifold etc?
3. Reading a review in Hot Rod Magazine, it says I need a tach signal? Can I just pull that off the coil?

http://www.hotrod.com/articles/1968...nvents-efi-how-they-do-it-better-and-cheaper/

4WDKC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kacy
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
So did anyone actually go ahead and get one of these?

I'm behind the curve here, just saw them in my new Speedway catalog. I need to replace the carb in my '83 C10 it's got a stock 350 with a very rusted Quadrajet. I'd be looking at getting the Go Street, because I just want drivability and economy, I'm wondering a few things.

1. Do I need to get more than just the kit? I'm reading I might need either a new fuel pump or some added fuel control doo-hickey?
2. The '83's have a spaghetti junction of smog control crap, can I throw most of this away, plug holes in manifold etc?
3. Reading a review in Hot Rod Magazine, it says I need a tach signal? Can I just pull that off the coil?

http://www.hotrod.com/articles/1968...nvents-efi-how-they-do-it-better-and-cheaper/

I am not using this system but have heard the fuel command center can be problematic, I haven't seen anything if they are using OTC sensors or if you have to use their specific stuff.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I know some prefer to stay true to the old iron and just retro mod it with today's technology add-ons, but JMO... the cost of these FI systems you can do a 5.3 LS Swap. With just a little more you can add a tuner and bigger injectors and get much more horsepower out it as well as better mpg. :shrug:

hirschdalechevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
rich
Truck Year
Truck Model
k-30
Engine Size
My sons buddy just installed the fitech kit with fuel pump and everything on his 77 longbed with a stocker gm crate motor and a eddie performer intake. He did the install himself , with the o/2 sensor just past the header collector and the return line into the filler neck. The truck started up and ran well but had problems with hesitation , (figured it was learning). I dont know if he did a good job on the install mind you , but he has been messing with it for a while now and it runs good sometimes but then freaks out. At this point he has quit messing with the settings and is just letting it try and learn. His truck now has had the fitech on it for 2 1/2 months and he has had 6 no starts at all where he has had to reboot the system to get the truck to run. He has also been on the tech line many times and the fuel pump that came with the kit is loud as hell. Nothing but problems for him but he is young and maybe the install is not so good , so I am not bashing fitech , just letting you guys know whtas going on with his truck. A friend of mine has the msd atomic system on his smallblock landcruiser with no problems and loves it. I am watching these guys so I can see how it all works out to see if I really want to go f.i. over a carb , at this point I am staying carb.

Burban

Bear
Reaction score
First Name
H
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban
Engine Size
I am not using this system but have heard the fuel command center can be problematic, I haven't seen anything if they are using OTC sensors or if you have to use their specific stuff.
Well I think I'd have to, as I don't have an O2 sensor, though I might have a coolant temp one somewhere I'd imagine?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Adriank