FiTech Distributor modification for Timing Control - YouTube Video

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

74ChevC10Cruizn

Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
https://youtu.be/tLsJ67o95uU

What type of distributor do you need to control ignition timing using FiTech?

I know there's a bit of confusion out there about what type of distributor can be used with FiTech Go EFI Self-Tuning Fuel Injection Systems.

If you ask FiTech tech support, they'll be a little vague and mention any 12v, 2-wire, magnetic pickup, rotor phasable distributor should work.

Here I'll walk through the distributor I used (MSD Street Fire part number: 5591) and how I set it up to make sure I'd be able to take advantage of the FiTech ECU timing control functionality.

The rotor on this distributor is prephased but I had to remove the ignition control module by removing a couple of screws and wiping off the thermal grease.

After that I clipped off the connector coming from the distributor magnetic trigger and crimped on a female spade connector to connect to the spades on (MSD GM HEI Module Bypass Cable part number: 8861).

With everything completed I stabbed in the distributor and brought the engine to #1 TDC on the compression stroke and stopped at my base timing. The base for my cam is 10 degrees.

On the controller keypad I typed in this number under "Ignition Setup - Distributor Base Timing".

After cranking over the engine and using a timing light I matched the reported timing from the controller display to what I know I set my timing at.

From there the FiTech was able to control timing.

http://fitechefi.com/fitech-uploads/2016/07/30001.30002Instructionsm12.9.15.pdf

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willyg