First start complete, now what? Lol

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

347strokin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Truck Year
Truck Model
R15
Engine Size
Hi guys first start on Old Brown finally. Hard to hear much of anything but there is a funny racket there. Almost sounds like a power steering pump at first but you'll notice the sound drags on shut down.

Any ideas on what this sound may be?

I'll be putting some temporary mufflers on her tomorrow to get a better idea of what it's doing.

But I'm pumped, been a long time coming! Thanks again for all the help guys.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Very cool except for the flexing **** lol the truck is supposed to flex not you.lol:buttkick:

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Hahaha agreed! Do you hear that whining/dragging noise?
I listened on my phone iPhone speakers suck I will have to listen with headphones to hear it good. Also congrats on firing it up for the first time it's an awsome feeling I know.

347strokin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Truck Year
Truck Model
R15
Engine Size
I listened on my phone iPhone speakers suck I will have to listen with headphones to hear it good. Also congrats on firing it up for the first time it's an awsome feeling I know.

Thanks a bunch. What a relief. Mufflers will help diagnose it but something sure doesn't sound 100% right now.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
PS? Mine ran on a stand so no worry there but in the truck was just as good as its first time lol then when I finished the side exit exhaust and it sounded good it was like the first time again.

347strokin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Truck Year
Truck Model
R15
Engine Size
PS? Mine ran on a stand so no worry there but in the truck was just as good as its first time lol then when I finished the side exit exhaust and it sounded good it was like the first time again.

Haha can't wait. I'm doing a nice quiet stealth exhaust, probably side dump too. Suits these trucks.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Haha can't wait. I'm doing a nice quiet stealth exhaust, probably side dump too. Suits these trucks.
Not me loud and proud side exit out a. 5" hole on either side where the gas doors used to be threw a pair of 10 series Flows.

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Sounded good..

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Thanks. I checked the power steering fluid again and it was below the dip stick so maybe that's the sound. I'll put some mufflers on it and troubleshoot from there.
As long as there is fluid in there it won't make noise just sitting there, yeah mufflers would help quite a bit.

347strokin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Truck Year
Truck Model
R15
Engine Size
As long as there is fluid in there it won't make noise just sitting there, yeah mufflers would help quite a bit.

Gotcha, that makes sense. There was some fluid in there. Guess it could be an idler bearing or anything at this point.

foamypirate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jake (Mr. Wilson)
Truck Year
Truck Model
El Camino, baby!
Engine Size
5.3L/4L60E
Feels good, doesn't it? Keep up the good work, sir!

347strokin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Truck Year
Truck Model
R15
Engine Size
The lower bellhousing pan was rubbing the converter I guess. The pan was gouged right out on the sides. I'll have to see why it's tight there. Runs real nice and quiet though. No smoke, no ticks or knocks, tight. Threw on some Thrush bottles until I can get a real muffler put on.

Just need to wire up the oil pressure and coolant temp sensor before I take her too far. Good news is the first cooling fan started up. Although we did test it beforehand. That LMC kit really cleans up the front end compared to the old cracked grill and lights.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RNFL