Filler hose issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dylan73

Reaction score
First Name
Dylan
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Hey, this is my first post and I've read a lot on here and I liked all the stuff I've seen!
Okay, so I have a 1973 16gal tank but the truck has a 1987 bed. I know the tank port is bigger than the filler neck for the 87. Does anyone know how I can make the two work to where it doesn't pour gas out every time I fill up or should I just piece something together that I come up with myself? Thanks for the help!

Cuba

Likes to work alone in her woman cave
Reaction score
First Name
Cuba
Truck Year
Truck Model
S10 Blazer
Engine Size
4.3ltr TBI
Do you have the dimensions of the tank opening (OD)? And what the length & OD of the filler neck is? Im sure there's someone who makes a molded hose or maybe a coupling out there. Like Gates or some other aftermarket source. You just want to be sure you still have the vent hose too, if applicable, or otherwise it won't go down fast when filling.

Cuba

Likes to work alone in her woman cave
Reaction score
First Name
Cuba
Truck Year
Truck Model
S10 Blazer
Engine Size
4.3ltr TBI
After thinking about it further and thinking outside the box... you could probably go into your typical auto parts store... after knowing the measurements, and go straight to the exhaust couplings. You could probably get away with using exhaust couplings and some worm hose clamps. However, if you need more hose, be sure to only get fuel rated stuff. you can't use just any rubber hose.

Last edited:

MrMarty51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
If there is enough room for the length, exhaust pipe adapters works very well, if a reducer hose can not be found.

87silveradok20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Levi
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado k20
Engine Size
I just put a 70s bed on my 87 and the hoses and stuff from the bed were pretty close to the same size.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iiixtremeiii