Favorite tool brand?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

silverscottsk10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Sounds like m12
The normal home use stuff is not up to par with the fuel line, we pretty much use fuel only, lots more power and last longer, 2.0 batteries are only one step up from the stock battery, we use 5.0

fmxr47

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Yeah I use m18 fuel and the batteries last a pretty long time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
I like my Dewalt 20v stuff since they have made in USA no them again. Yes with Mexican parts, but Americans are putting those parts together. Lol. I have an older Milwaukee port-a-band and chop saw. The new Milwaukee stuff not so much since they are made in China.

Daveo91Burb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Truck Year
Truck Model
V2500 Silverado Suburban
Engine Size
Vortec 383, modified TBI/4L80e
I have a set of Craftsman tools I bought when I was 16 and I'm 43 now. I still have most of the originals although a few sockets and one ratchet I've had to replace with the warranty. The 1/2" combo wrench has a burn mark on it from when I shorted it across a battery - always a good reminder for me. Over the years I've bought a lot of other Craftsman stuff but now only buy them if they say "Made in the USA" - I agree with the earlier posts that they're not worth it if they're Chinesium.

I do have to admit I buy a fair amount of HF stuff now. But I don't depend on my tools for a living. I have a set of SAE impact sockets from them that are actually a go-to set for me. I'll even use them in non-impact situations just because I like them and they came in a nice metal box. And I have all three sizes of HF torque wrenches that have never let me down. But I've had bad experiences with their stuff too - a blind rivet tool flew apart the first time I used it and I was lucky I was not injured.

silverscottsk10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
I have a set of Craftsman tools I bought when I was 16 and I'm 43 now. I still have most of the originals although a few sockets and one ratchet I've had to replace with the warranty. The 1/2" combo wrench has a burn mark on it from when I shorted it across a battery - always a good reminder for me. Over the years I've bought a lot of other Craftsman stuff but now only buy them if they say "Made in the USA" - I agree with the earlier posts that they're not worth it if they're Chinesium.

I do have to admit I buy a fair amount of HF stuff now. But I don't depend on my tools for a living. I have a set of SAE impact sockets from them that are actually a go-to set for me. I'll even use them in non-impact situations just because I like them and they came in a nice metal box. And I have all three sizes of HF torque wrenches that have never let me down. But I've had bad experiences with their stuff too - a blind rivet tool flew apart the first time I used it and I was lucky I was not injured.
The USA made prybars are on sale for 20$
I own two sets now, one for home and one for work lol

Jrgunn5150

Questionable methods
Reaction score
First Name
J.R.
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
6.slow
I was looking into the Milwaukee drivers which we also used at work (government supplied) I didn’t like the triggers as they would fall off and I had a sawsall smoke on me. Also the battery life wasn’t as near the snapon. Even the fatty upgrade 2.0 batts..Just my experience.

My M18 Fuel battery lasted long enough to pull an entire 6.0 from a truck lol. I was amazed, and it's just the stock battery that came with it.

Big Chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C35
Engine Size
You must be registered for see images

Snap On. Works good, last long time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

marks86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
12v Cummins
Milwaukee hands down, I have a ton of there tools. One thing I noticed is there pliers are not really up to par. YET

Iowan

Loud and Proud American!
Reaction score
First Name
Calvin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500
Engine Size
350 crate
Sonic tools good? I know they use em on flying sparks garage,

silverscottsk10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Sonic tools good? I know they use em on flying sparks garage,
Not sure, i see ads for them on Facebook all the time, i know there’s guys on other forums that haven’t really had issues with them

87scotty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20
Engine Size
5.7 for now
Pittsburgh's impact sockets from harbor freight for sure ive never had a problem with one and I'm putting em in front of the millwaulee 1350 breakaway tourque no issuies whatsoever

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
Never heard of Sonic before. Which is surprising, because I'm on Garage Journal too, and those guys will argue over any tool brand. Nothing like reading multiple pages of a thread where someone who doesn't work in a capacity that the tools are their living arguing why x brand is better than anything else available. lol. I usually skim over those and read the responses from the guys who make their living turning wrenches.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Never heard of Sonic before. Which is surprising, because I'm on Garage Journal too, and those guys will argue over any tool brand. Nothing like reading multiple pages of a thread where someone who doesn't work in a capacity that the tools are their living arguing why x brand is better than anything else available. lol. I usually skim over those and read the responses from the guys who make their living turning wrenches.
I need a new chuck for my Buffalo drill press it’s either late 40s early 50s model it has Jacobs taper I believe that’s what it’s called the attachment nut broke because some halfwit put the wrong size chuck on and used electrical tape as a spacer. I’m not having any luck finding one kinda miss my drill press and refuse to buy a new **** one

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dougli1