Exhaust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tdub209

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
TJ
Truck Year
Truck Model
k20
Engine Size
for everyone saying that the header wrap is gonna destroy my headers; The truck doesn’t see much rain/cold for the fact that it doesn’t have heater or A/C. If it’s not being driven it is in a shop with a 5 later car cover. And the headers are already cheap ass Flotech headers, they’re $150 retail and i work at a performance shop in Sacramento,CA so i got them for about $85 brand new. if the wrap destroys them it’s better than my $200 mini starter or boiling the oil from the filter and lines right next to it.
i wrapped the headers to prevent heating my starter that is a mini torque and inches away from the passenger header, my oil filter and oil cooler lines are literally touching the header i believe, and a few spark plug wires sit on them. i’m prevent overheating objects that cost more than a header leak i can weld and fix.

1badk20

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
for everyone saying that the header wrap is gonna destroy my headers; The truck doesn’t see much rain/cold for the fact that it doesn’t have heater or A/C. If it’s not being driven it is in a shop with a 5 later car cover. And the headers are already cheap ass Flotech headers, they’re $150 retail and i work at a performance shop in Sacramento,CA so i got them for about $85 brand new. if the wrap destroys them it’s better than my $200 mini starter or boiling the oil from the filter and lines right next to it.
i wrapped the headers to prevent heating my starter that is a mini torque and inches away from the passenger header, my oil filter and oil cooler lines are literally touching the header i believe, and a few spark plug wires sit on them. i’m prevent overheating objects that cost more than a header leak i can weld and fix.

1badk20
Easy killer lol

tdub209

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
TJ
Truck Year
Truck Model
k20
Engine Size
Easy killer lol
im just saying so everyone doesn’t keep asking why i wrapped them or that’ll it’ll ruin them ‍♂️. to each is own and i like the look of them , i think they match the truck well lol

1badk20

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
im just saying so everyone doesn’t keep asking why i wrapped them or that’ll it’ll ruin them ‍♂️. to each is own and i like the look of them , i think they match the truck well lol

1badk20
Can we get some more pics of that beast?

86Peter454

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 Scottsdale
Engine Size
We’re they stainless?
no sir they where 60 dollar chinesium headers.

had a "chrome like" finish on them tell they got hot once and then it all came off lol.

Derick C.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Derick
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
454/700r4
That's going to be a fun truck when your done. Don't worry about others opinions, its your truck, do what you want with it. Over the years you may learn their right or they might be wrong.

Rusty Nail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
350sbc
When I saw that header wrap....I thought "oh no. Poor kid's gonna get it now... SIC EM BOYS!"

Looking back, you dounderstand that actual water contact is not necessary? Right?
Ya know, it's like...science and stuff. Pesky, pesky science. Is that even a part of the "common core" cur·ric·u·lum or is it all how to sympathize with homos and be friendly to foreigners?Do they even teach about the whole air thing ? Science? No? Only in the global warming chapter huh? Makes sense now.
:chair:

Furthermore!
I don't understand the idea behind $85 dollar headers and a $200 starter. I thought maybe you have so many fitment issues because...well, nevermind me. I'm just being silly. I KNOW mini starters make power -i've got one too! It's red and chrome. It generates 4 pounds of torque! It even has a dyno sheet but I only paid $50 for it... Yours probably makes a lot more.. :(

Welcome to the internet -Sweet truck bro!
Have you met our friends Console Boy and the Gas Mileage Kid, Header Wrap Dude? :dancingpoop: Do ya'll go to the same school or somethin?

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

:beatdeadhorse5:

Last edited:

86Peter454

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 Scottsdale
Engine Size
When I saw that header wrap....I thought "oh no. Poor kid's gonna get it now... SIC EM BOYS!"

Looking back, you dounderstand that actual water contact is not necessary? Right?
Ya know, it's like...science and stuff. Pesky, pesky science. Is that even a part of the "common core" cur·ric·u·lum or is it all how to sympathize with homos and be friendly to foreigners?Do they even teach about the whole air thing ? Science? No? Only in the global warming chapter huh? Makes sense now.

Furthermore!
I don't understand the idea behind $85 dollar headers and a $200 starter. I thought maybe you have so many fitment issues because...well, nevermind me. I'm just being silly. I KNOW mini starters make power -i've got one too! It's red and chrome. It generates 4 pounds of torque! It even has a dyno sheet but I only paid $50 for it... Yours probably makes a lot more.. :(

Have you met our friends Console Boy and the Gas Mileage Kid, Header Wrap Dude? :dancingpoop: Do ya'll go to the same school or somethin?

4WDKC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kacy
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Honestly am looking at putting wrap on the headers on the vette, it cooks my feet in the summer and doesn't get driven in the winter.

tdub209

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
TJ
Truck Year
Truck Model
k20
Engine Size

Furthermore!

well they’re $85 headers because my parents got them for me as a christmas present and i bought my starter ‍♂️. i would’ve gone with some stainless or ceramic hooker headers but hey can’t complain about presents and free stuff

1badk20

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
well they’re $85 headers because my parents got them for me as a christmas present and i bought my starter ‍♂️. i would’ve gone with some stainless or ceramic hooker headers but hey can’t complain about presents and free stuff

1badk20
What’s with the little prince looking symbol in your posts?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ssgmike