Equal - Tire Balancing Beads, No weights to Lose

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Green79Scottsdale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Dyna Bead

I was going this direction next. Has anyone used Dyna Beads? How similar are they? I gotta believe they are very similar as they both require the use of a filtered valve stem core. Dyna Bead does have an "Off-Road" tire bead that is bigger and does not required a filtered core.

I was already thinking of going this route for balancing before this thread ever got posted.

John-e Bravada

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30 3+3
Engine Size
5.9L CTD
I've run equal and steel bird shot before with good results. I always wanted to run them unbalanced then add the equal to see the difference but I never did.

My question is will it balance a 40 series tire? I though I've heard it doesn't work on low profile tires.

You must be registered for see images attach
[/QUOTE]

tiredtiretodd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K 25
Engine Size
I have read that they clump together if they get moist, even from moisture in an air hose. Being a plastic polymer it seems this would not be a problem, but people claim it to be true. Can anyone confirm or bust this? I personally don't really believe those claims. And if you are not sticking your tires under water this really would be a non-issue.

I haven't viewed this entire thread and somebody may have said this already but if you have access to a place that uses nitrogen.... I know that where i work our nitrogen tank has a filter to filter out the moisture from the compressor tank. I would assume that your beads wouldn't clump?

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I've never hear of the clumping before I'd imagine it could sure happen. I just know this **** works great. We use it in the steer tires from 19.5 and 22.5 tires on the tow trucks and our tires even last longer because they're not getting beat on using the stuff, not to mention not getting our teeth rattled out of our head no more. Huge difference.

tiredtiretodd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K 25
Engine Size
I'm gonna try it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I'm gonna try it

I'll assure you, if it works on 22.5 Medium Duty Roll Back tires which is a Semi Truck tires, it'll work for our trucks. I'm curious if it would work for 40-44's though that are so wide and hard to balance. Just remember, the bigger the tire, the more you need. They sell different size packs. You may need a big pack, or 2 smaller ones. Just follow the instructions.

tiredtiretodd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K 25
Engine Size
Will do. Right now I have a crap load of tape weights on the inside of my wheels. I wasn't the one whodo the balancing but until I get the beads I'll probably take them to the shop and rebalance them myself.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Will do. Right now I have a crap load of tape weights on the inside of my wheels. I wasn't the one whodo the balancing but until I get the beads I'll probably take them to the shop and rebalance them myself.

Whenever you get the beads, be sure to post up and let us know how they worked out initinally, then maybe drop back in a few months and lets up know how they're working a bit later on the down the road. :waytogo:

slowgo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Blake
Truck Year
Truck Model
V3500 3+3
Engine Size
454, nv4500, 205, 4.56 rp
I used 13oz of steel bb ammo in 33x12.5 tel bias ply and 36x13.5 iroks. Both chunked up pretty good from rocks wheeling. And they balanced great at highway speeds. although when you hit a pot hole all hell would break loose and you could actually here the bbs crashing into the steel wheel. probably wouldnt be an issue on a full size but this was on a samurai that probably weighed 2600# max. i am curious if the actuall product has the same side effect....

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I'd be expecting good results. I have heard the Equal beads work well when they're working but in the winter time, they have tendancy to sweat inside the tire, then clump together and don't work as well. So long as they come back apart in spring weather I'd be able to live with that. If the weather is that cold, it might be you have snow or ice on the ground and shouldn't be driving near as fast anyway.

Do keep us updated PawPaw !!!! :wave:

Skweegle89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
We use the equal powder in all of our 22.5 and 24.5 truck tires and have for 8 years. Tried several other things that didn't work as well.