Equal - Tire Balancing Beads, No weights to Lose

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Especially for heavy and large off-roads tires. Try this stuff once and you'll be sold. Use it at mounting, throw it in the wheel, mount it and drive it. DONE !!! Wheel is constantly balance and forever, no need to rebalance, no weights to fall off, now weights to make your wheels ugly as hell either.

The **** is the **** !!! It works fantastic. I finally had convinced bossman to choke up $20 a wheel and get it done. Ride Comfort at 60-75 is much improved, tire wear increased big time and no pounding on the suspension.

It's only $15 for our off-raod sized wheels and tires.

https://www.expeditionexchange.com/equal/

philjafo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
phil
Truck Year
Truck Model
k20 scottsdale
Engine Size
350/sm465/np205/d44/corp14
I have the stuff in my 37-12.5-16.5 tires on my truck because it would have been a lot of weights. I also have it in my motorcycles wheels for no ugly weights on them.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I have the stuff in my 37-12.5-16.5 tires on my truck because it would have been a lot of weights. I also have it in my motorcycles wheels for no ugly weights on them.

So how's it work for you?

I just about think any off-road tire above a 31x10.50, I'd much rather go with this stuff. I know it works for a fact. It made a night and day difference on medium duty 22.5 in truck wheels. If it can balance those, then it balance off-road light duty I'd think. Some 35x12.50's would probably balance real nice with this stuff.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
What do you suppose is the overall weight of Equal put in each 22.5 truck tire?

philjafo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
phil
Truck Year
Truck Model
k20 scottsdale
Engine Size
350/sm465/np205/d44/corp14
It works great, little vibration once in a while over 60 in the 37's, but in the bike (79 goldwing) zero vibration over 100 mph.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eq263AYgyYg

It works, and it rebalances itself every time the wheel spins.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
What do you suppose is the overall weight of Equal put in each 22.5 truck tire?

I don't know. It was a bigger packet than what we see on this site. He charged us $20 per tire and I had to beg the boss to do it. I actually first begged the tire dealer to get the ****. But he did get it and had tried it on like 4 tires before we needed tires again. When I went in he told, man that is some good ****. Thanks for the tip. I've got 2 picky customers on tire balancing, and can't seem to ever please them and they are finally pleased. He didn't even tell them what he put in the tires, but the picky guys were so impressed, they even came back and said they will buy nothing but those tires going forward. They thought it was the tires that made the difference. It wasn't. Cuz I tipped the tire guy off on the stuff, and my boss wouldn't spend the money on it, the tire guy said, I'll hook YOU up on YOUR truck, (steer tires only) but NOT your bosses truck. Let your boss drive your truck and he'll be back getting the **** put in. Sure enough. Bossman took his truck back up there and had it added. Bossman been sold on it ever since and we WILL NOT go without it. I even talked bossman into buying spare bags ourselves, so if we are roadside and have to call for tire repair, we have it with us and can have the tire changer dude put the packet in the new tire. so every truck has a packet in it now, at least did when I left.

bdiamond

Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Truck Year
Truck Model
blazer
Engine Size
I have airsoft pellets in my Jeep tires. They are 35's and it took about 8 oz. each. Not sure it took that many, but that's how many I used. Its cheap and effective at any speed over about 20 or so. You do get strange looks when you pull up to a light and they fall out of rotation.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
I have airsoft pellets in my Jeep tires. They are 35's and it took about 8 oz. each. Not sure it took that many, but that's how many I used. Its cheap and effective at any speed over about 20 or so. You do get strange looks when you pull up to a light and they fall out of rotation.

Yeah, I've used steel bb's before. Put 1lb in each tire, seemed to help but I literally had eggs for tires. The noise was kinda funny on steel wheels when coming to a stop, is sounded like a chain link fence shaking.

MrMarty51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Yeah, I've used steel bb's before. Put 1lb in each tire, seemed to help but I literally had eggs for tires. The noise was kinda funny on steel wheels when coming to a stop, is sounded like a chain link fence shaking.

:bowroflwerd6::happy175:

chubble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Truck Year
Truck Model
Custom Deluxe K10
Engine Size
I know a few places where I can get the smaller bags for free but I don't know how many it would take, anyone know the conversion for the little packets for a set of 31's?
You must be registered for see images

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD

:lol:

I know a few places where I can get the smaller bags for free but I don't know how many it would take, anyone know the conversion for the little packets for a set of 31's?
You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images attach

Green79Scottsdale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I have read that they clump together if they get moist, even from moisture in an air hose. Being a plastic polymer it seems this would not be a problem, but people claim it to be true. Can anyone confirm or bust this? I personally don't really believe those claims. And if you are not sticking your tires under water this really would be a non-issue.

skysurfer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
1989 Suburban
Truck Model
V2500
Engine Size
5.7/TH400/NP241C

hirschdalechevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
rich
Truck Year
Truck Model
k-30
Engine Size
I wonder how it would work in 38's or 40's and how much you would use.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RNFL