Engine problems/noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

83kid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
http://tinypic.com/r/15yuh6t/8

Video of noise, sounds more like a clattery noise in person, what do you think it is? Sounds likes it directly where the valves are, not further down by the cylinder

350runner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ceasar
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
only one way to find out... take off the valve covers. check for loose rockers and then take it to a mechanic

Skweegle89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
If it's a mechanic you don't know and trust, report back here with his diagnosis before you let him do anything to it. I'd hate to see you get reamed by a shady mechanic.

Sent from an old rotary telephone.

83kid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
only one way to find out... take off the valve covers. check for loose rockers and then take it to a mechanic
Went to go do that.. But the allen wrench bolts holding it downgoi g down the middle, the back ones completely stripped... Others come out fine, that ones solid. Ideas on how to get it out?
If it's a mechanic you don't know and trust, report back here with his diagnosis before you let him do anything to it. I'd hate to see you get reamed by a shady mechanic.

Sent from an old rotary telephone.
I will, i trust him but ill make sure to check back either way. If its anything thats gonna take a lot of money, im not gonna do it cause im ready to buy something new, done putting money into this

350runner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ceasar
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
Easy out. its a tool you can buy for stripped screws.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adhkjashda