Engine mounts

Discussion in 'Engine Swaps (Gas) LS, Vortec, LT1 , etc.' started by Harleyboy1, Jan 12, 2018.

1. Harleyboy1

Harleyboy1 Full Access Member

First Name:
    Adan
    Truck Year:
    Truck Model:
    c10
    Engine Size:
    Bought some engine mounts from dirty dingo which works good even with the compressor in its stock location its on the bottom right side problem is that the a/c connections are lower than the frame saw a video where a company called TJ steel works makes the engine adapter to where it raises the engine a couple of inches higher to clear the frame for hose connections the only thing i didn't change on my frame was the motor mounts so I am going to replace them the engine is an l59 so I'm thinking replace the mounts but put a couple of metal plates to raise the engine almost 2 inches just wondering what you guys think of that idea open to suggestions any help appreciated trust you guys with the knowledge more then anybody else thanks in advance.

2. yevgenievich

yevgenievich Full Access Member

First Name:
    Viktor
    Truck Year:
    Truck Model:
    V2500 burb
    Engine Size:
    Raising engine would reduce clearance for the transmission and also would alter the pinion angle

3. Honky Kong jr

Honky Kong jr Super Sarcastic Man

First Name:
    J-me
    Truck Year:
    Truck Model:
    V10
    Engine Size:
    Lil BB 407
    Pinion angle could be rectified by shimming the carrier bearing if one is being used. Use washers to find it’s happy place then make a steel spaced using dimensions of the washer stack.

4. Harleyboy1

Harleyboy1 Full Access Member

First Name:
    Adan
    Truck Year:
    Truck Model:
    c10
    Engine Size:
    Yeah it's got a carrier bearing so I'll do as you mentioned the other company that makes a different motor mount raises the engine higher and i do believe he uses the 4l60e same as what I've got thanks for your suggestion I'll follow it to the letter thanks again for the advice