Energy Suspension bushing fitment

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

damnoodle

Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Your concerns are valid OP. You’ve installed the rear spring bushings in your front springs. With the way that is now your gonna get spring walk and eventually break a shackle or damage the frame. In addition it’s gonna drive like ****. Below are pics of my front spring and Energy bushings.
You must be registered for see images attach

Thanks for the validation of concern. I definitely didn’t install the wrong bushings. Your pictures look correct. The bushings I received are different than yours but look identical to the stock. I called ES and they said the LMC springs are most likely not exactly like stock. Can you measure your spring eye width? I feel like mine are more narrow than stock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Thanks for the validation of concern. I definitely didn’t install the wrong bushings. Your pictures look correct. The bushings I received are different than yours but look identical to the stock. I called ES and they said the LMC springs are most likely not exactly like stock. Can you measure your spring eye width? I feel like mine are more narrow than stock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2.5”

highdesertrange

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
k30
Engine Size
you don't want that slop in your bushing. measure your top bushing they should be the same. you can trim the lower one but it should match the top one. if trimming it makes it to too short get different bushings. highdesertranger

Frankenchevy

Proverbs 16:18
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
I’ve got sort of the same thing going on with my ORD bushings. I already shaved 1.5 mm off the center sleeve of one, however one of the sets of bushings are about .75mm too wide to press in any further. I’m going to leave it though; they’re a pita to get in and out.

damnoodle

Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I had a chance to look at the OEM springs. The center of the OEM springs where the alignment pin is located measures 2-3/4". Then it expands in width to the front and rear eyelet resembling an hour glass figure. I'll take actual measurements tomorrow. The LMC springs have constant width from end to end and they measure 2-3/4". This explains the issue. I've decided to order new bushings to correct this issue.

FYI, I kept seeing a company called General Spring while shopping around for OE style replacement springs. The description for their springs have them being listed thinner at 2-1/2" wide. I was about to order these because of the price but I was hung up on the measurement discrepancy (my current situation is irony).

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shepard te