Energy Suspension body mount bushings feedback (P/N 34116G)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1x1_Speed_Craig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Truck Year
1986/1985
Truck Model
1986 M1008, 1985 M1028
Engine Size
6.2L diesel
I just installed Energy Suspension body/cab/radiator core support bushings on my '85 Square Body project. Because I had to browse through dozens of threads before buying, most of which weren't first-hand purchase/installation experience, I thought I'd post some info here for future member searches.

I have used Energy Suspension products (primarily suspension bushings) in the past on various Jeep projects, and have always been pleased with their products.

The Energy Suspension mounts look nicely-constructed, and fit beautifully on the proprietary OEM steel upper bushing pieces on which the cab/radiator core sit. However, they don't have the two "flats" that the OEM bushings have, which mount into the corresponds frame mount holes that are cut for the same corresponding flats. The result is that there is a lot of side-to-side movement between the bushing and frame holes. Do I think they'll work OK? Probably. Is it a good/ideal design? No it isn't, IMHO. I'll run them for now, but may or may not replace them down the line. I'm just not thrilled about the less-than-impressive design oversight by Energy Suspension.

Craig

Shoote

Reaction score
First Name
tim
Truck Year
1987 1985
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
383 502
I enstalled them on my 85 C15 in 2005. I have no complaints, they are much better than rubber.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ehef