Edelbrock float height

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RustyPile

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Truck Year
1983 GMC
Truck Model
Engine Size
350 SBC
I did spoon it to him in a 30 second search it was amazing.

It's magic how google works!! A few key strokes and Information suddenly appears out of a smoke cloud... It's magic I tell ya......

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
It's magic how google works!! A few key strokes and Information suddenly appears out of a smoke cloud... It's magic I tell ya......
Or a book, do they even print them anymore?

Obwonkonobe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ethan
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 custom deluxe
Engine Size
@Honky Kong jr lmao thanks but I've had the book printed for months, its where I got the 7/16 from. I just didn't know what excess float sag would affect

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
I think your looking at it wrong, i think you should be happy he came to you "square heads" (yes its a new term i made up) for your wealth of knowledge and personal experience instead of hitting the google for just info. Isnt that why were all members here?

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
@Honky Kong jr lmao thanks but I've had the book printed for months, its where I got the 7/16 from. I just didn't know what excess float sag would affect
So evidently you didn’t read it. Who cares what it would effect, if it isn’t right it isn’t right you had how to do it correctly just chose not to follow threw. The fact you had the information is that much more irritating.

RustyPile

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Truck Year
1983 GMC
Truck Model
Engine Size
350 SBC
I think your looking at it wrong, i think you should be happy he came to you "square heads" (yes its a new term i made up) for your wealth of knowledge and personal experience instead of hitting the google for just info. Isnt that why were all members here?

No, we're not looking at it wrong.. The guy had the "book" right there in front of him, yet he chose to come here instead of looking it up.. I and others view that as wanting to be spoon fed information instead of reading and studying.. If he didn't understand something about the instructions or couldn't get the results he expected, then by all means come here and ask for help.. I can't speak for the other "Square Heads" [using your words], but I just betcha Honky Hong and myself would be among the first to arrive with help..

Oh, and BTW --- It's not "float sag", "float hang"......... It's float DROP... It helps immensely to use proper terminology.. It's right there in the "book"..

@Obwonkonobe when you get your carburetor back together and working, come back here and I'll explain float drop to you..

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
No, we're not looking at it wrong.. The guy had the "book" right there in front of him, yet he chose to come here instead of looking it up.. I and others view that as wanting to be spoon fed information instead of reading and studying.. If he didn't understand something about the instructions or couldn't get the results he expected, then by all means come here and ask for help.. I can't speak for the other "Square Heads" [using your words], but I just betcha Honky Hong and myself would be among the first to arrive with help..

Oh, and BTW --- It's not "float sag", "float hang"......... It's float DROP... It helps immensely to use proper terminology.. It's right there in the "book"..

@Obwonkonobe when you get your carburetor back together and working, come back here and I'll explain float drop to you..
Ok my bad. Sorry

Frankenchevy

Proverbs 16:18
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
this isn't directed to anyone in particular, just a general observation. but no one has to reply to a thread, and as an OP, you have to take the flak with newb questions. I ask newb questions all the time. not because I haven't looked into the answer for myself, it's comforting to get a confirmation on stuff. although, if a question is objective, I tend to defer to the technical manuals if they are clear enough. it is just the internet after all. I find it entertaining when people get worked up. it's not real, but entertaining none the less. my life lacks any real drama...thankfully.