Edelbrock float height

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Obwonkonobe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ethan
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 custom deluxe
Engine Size
Was going through my carb today and noticed my floats hang at different heights, yet they sit the same 7/16 when their depressed, just wondering if I need to care, or if this may hurt economy, the other pic is just what my carb has in it, feel free to comment if any of it makes sence to you, thanks

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

crazy4offroad

Equal Opportunity Destroyer
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP205
Your last pic is float drop. It needs to be set at 1" so that is definitely wrong. There is a tab at the back of the float where it attaches to the carb that needs to be bent to set float drop. And can someone get honky dick to shut the **** up about every edelbrock carb post he sees? It's not at all helpful all the time telling people to trash it. If that's all they got help them fix it for ****'s sake.

Obwonkonobe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ethan
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 custom deluxe
Engine Size
Your last pic is float drop. It needs to be set at 1" so that is definitely wrong. There is a tab at the back of the float where it attaches to the carb that needs to be bent to set float drop. And can someone get honky dick to shut the **** up about every edelbrock carb post he sees? It's not at all helpful all the time telling people to trash it. If that's all they got help them fix it for ****'s sake.

I was tempted to do that but I wasnt sure if it was going to affect anything else first, figured I'd check

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Yes, do set your floats properly..

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Ok

86Peter454

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 Scottsdale
Engine Size
Ive seen this problem before.

i think the fix is to replace it with a Holley.

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
That manual explains it pretty well..

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
That was my point I just figured there was no information out there on them, so trashing it would be the sensible thing to do.

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
I run an edelbrock on my square daily and i have no problems. Id rather edelbrock.

RustyPile

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Truck Year
1983 GMC
Truck Model
Engine Size
350 SBC
That was my point I just figured there was no information out there on them, so trashing it would be the sensible thing to do.
Well **** Donkey ****.. I figured since the eddyturd is so popular and information is so readily available, that EVERYBODY knows everything about them, when an eddyturd starts having problems, the best thing to do IS shitcan it..

Why is it you guys can bash F**ds all day long and never get a rise out of anybody.. But let somebody bash an eddyturd, and the temperatures rise??? The problem I see here is a third party got upset when the second party didn't spoon feed the information to the first party.. You GO Honky.. Keep spreading the word.... :driver::driver:

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Well **** Donkey ****.. I figured since the eddyturd is so popular and information is so readily available, that EVERYBODY knows everything about them, when an eddyturd starts having problems, the best thing to do IS shitcan it..

Why is it you guys can bash F**ds all day long and never get a rise out of anybody.. But let somebody bash an eddyturd, and the temperatures rise??? The problem I see here is a third party got upset when the second party didn't spoon feed the information to the first party.. You GO Honky.. Keep spreading the word.... :driver::driver:
I did spoon it to him in a 30 second search it was amazing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willyg