Dual exhaust for 4wd '87 V10

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mdws1987

Reaction score
First Name
Melvin
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
305 cu in v8
Last month, I went to have my mufflers replaced on my 87 with the 305 tbi. The shop owner said I should remove the CAT converters as they are not needed to pass the inspection.... Did have them removed. The next day the truck would not get up to 35mph and the check engine light came on... I limped back to the shop and told him to put new converters on. That solved that problem.... I don't know why it made a difference but I thought it would be best to have new CATS with new Magnaflow Mufflers.

Craig S

Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
5.7 350
Awesome, thanks for the info. Im gonna check those out and keep u updated

4WDKC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kacy
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Last month, I went to have my mufflers replaced on my 87 with the 305 tbi. The shop owner said I should remove the CAT converters as they are not needed to pass the inspection.... Did have them removed. The next day the truck would not get up to 35mph and the check engine light came on... I limped back to the shop and told him to put new converters on. That solved that problem.... I don't know why it made a difference but I thought it would be best to have new CATS with new Magnaflow Mufflers.

never had that problem with any cat I have removed or gutted, my 87 has no cats and true duals runs fine.

Craig S

Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
5.7 350
I ordered a kit from Flowtech that was designed for the 350 with 4wd. It's 16 gauge steel with mandrel bends, the instructions sucked and it took almost all day to install it since I was working on the driveway. I used the clamps it came with, I want to get it welded together eventually, overall Im really happy with the way it came out. For only spending $150 you wont find a better system.

4WDKC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kacy
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
I ordered a kit from Flowtech that was designed for the 350 with 4wd. It's 16 gauge steel with mandrel bends, the instructions sucked and it took almost all day to install it since I was working on the driveway. I used the clamps it came with, I want to get it welded together eventually, overall Im really happy with the way it came out. For only spending $150 you wont find a better system.

If you weld alumunized pipe it will rust be careful.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dhatch84