Driver Bed Side Sagging???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ozie P

Reaction score
First Name
Ozie
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
In my 84 K10 SWB, it’s has about an 1.5” lower height to the driver side of the bed. It has a 6” Skyjacker Suspension lift on it but the shocks have definitely had their share of life. I made the assumption of it being spring sag in on the driver side so I swapped the rear springs out for some stock ones. However, nothing changed. Any ideas? I took several measurements from the frame to the ground and the entire length of the frame the driver side is lower. I need help ASAP.
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Charlie

Mopar by Birth. Chevy by Choice.
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Truck Year
Truck Model
Cheyenne 10 LWB
Engine Size
350/TH350/AC/4 BBL Quadrajet
:welcome::welcome:

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Looks like maybe the frame is twisted. It’s a good looking truck though.

Ozie P

Reaction score
First Name
Ozie
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Looks like maybe the frame is twisted. It’s a good looking truck though.
If you pick up on the corner of the bumper ever so slightly it levels out and looks fine. Still twisted frame?

EightyEight

Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Truck Year
Truck Model
V30
Engine Size
Did you inspect the spring mounts? Are they straight? Measure the spread between each of the spring mounts see if they're the same? Looks like my friends 450 lb sister is sitting in the driver's seat....o_O

Ozie P

Reaction score
First Name
Ozie
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Did you inspect the spring mounts? Are they straight? Measure the spread between each of the spring mounts see if they're the same? Looks like my friends 450 lb sister is sitting in the driver's seat....o_O
Springs mount are straight. New springs went in easy. I’ll take a quick measure and see the distance. I’m only 5’11 185 so people are gonna think I’m huge until I get out...

Ozie P

Reaction score
First Name
Ozie
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Driver side (sagging side) is about 3/4 inch longer on spread from bolt to bolt. Could this be in the shackle?

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Springs mount are straight. New springs went in easy. I’ll take a quick measure and see the distance. I’m only 5’11 185 so people are gonna think I’m huge until I get out...

Check your cross member attachment points

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
For spring shackles?

The ones that hold the frame rails together. And go over the frame with a fine tooth comb so to speak.

Ozie P

Reaction score
First Name
Ozie
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
The ones that hold the frame rails together. And go over the frame with a fine tooth comb so to speak.
I’ve gone over them a hundred times looking for cracks. Only thing I’ve found is where the rear shock mount broke and someone welded back ever so slightly. Could the difference in spring spread be a cause?

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
I’ve gone over them a hundred times looking for cracks. Only thing I’ve found is where the rear shock mount broke and someone welded back ever so slightly. Could the difference in spring spread be a cause?

I know this may sound dumb and a lot of work but swap springs side to side and see if your lean goes the other way.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchell1128