Door mirror mount

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BillyP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 Scottsdale
Engine Size
6.2 Diesel
Does anyone have the dimensions for the three bolt stainless mirrors like the one in my profile pic to be mounted on the door? I have put new doors on, and they are not drilled for the mirrors and need to do that.

Thanks

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Does anyone have the dimensions for the three bolt stainless mirrors like the one in my profile pic to be mounted on the door? I have put new doors on, and they are not drilled for the mirrors and need to do that.

Thanks
I believe the mirror bases are contoured. Hold them up and mark them. I'd use nutserts and not sheet metal screws.

Last edited:

BillyP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 Scottsdale
Engine Size
6.2 Diesel
LMC has the mounts for the mirror, just not sure how far back on the door it goes. I have a general idea but wanted to put it back in the factory location.

cooperhw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Truck Year
1978, 1981, 1983
Truck Model
C-10, K-20, C-20
Engine Size
5.7L
I have my mirrors off for paint right now, and could get you those measurements tonight if that will help.

BillyP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 Scottsdale
Engine Size
6.2 Diesel
I have my mirrors off for paint right now, and could get you those measurements tonight if that will help.

That would be awesome

Craig 85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
454/TH-400/NP205

MikeB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Tell me how #30-4027 screw and nut works. Looks like the nut gets inserted on the outside and somehow grips the sheet metal.

Pretty cool that LMC stocks all those parts.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Tell me how #30-4027 screw and nut works. Looks like the nut gets inserted on the outside and somehow grips the sheet metal.

It's a riv-nut or well nut, it swells up like a rivet when you tighten the screw. I don't care for that style because they don't always work the best. Sometimes they just want to spin when you thread the screw in or they can rust/break prematurely causing loose parts later on. An alternative is the rubber ones with a threaded brass insert, often found at hardware stores. Or a solid version that installs with a special too, like most roof rack installations.

chengny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K3500
Engine Size
350/5.7

That part (#30-4027) is just a heavy duty/sheet metal version of a standard "Molly" fastener. Mollies are most commonly used to mount heavy objects to Sheetrock walls - when the framing layout is such that there are no nearby studs are available to properly anchor the object using standard fasteners (i.e sheetrock screws) :

A molly or molly bolt, often misspelled moly, is a formerly trademarked name for a specialized screw fastener used with drywall, as a hollow-wall anchor. Larger sizes permit reasonably heavy objects, such as shelving, flatscreen-TV mounts or central-heating radiators to be attached to drywall in locations where there is no stud behind the drywall. For heavy objects, multiple molly bolts may be required.

The fastener is an anchor, an expandable sleeve that slides into a hole drilled into the wall. A lip wider than the hole prevents it from falling behind the wall. A machine screw is then screwed into the sleeve, causing the anchor to bend, expand, spread and grip against the inside of the drywall.

Mollies come in various diameters and "grip lengths" for different drywall thicknesses and to support different loads.

As for this:

Stocking a wide inventory of (aftermarket) parts is only one - minor - aspect of what is required to be classified as a preferred vendor. And while competitive pricing is an undeniable reality, ultimately it is the quality of the supplied product that should be considered as priority number one. That goes for both the parts supplier and the consumer - and this is especially true when it comes to parts for vintage cars/trucks.

cooperhw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Truck Year
1978, 1981, 1983
Truck Model
C-10, K-20, C-20
Engine Size
5.7L

cooperhw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Truck Year
1978, 1981, 1983
Truck Model
C-10, K-20, C-20
Engine Size
5.7L
sorry it took so long to get back to you, I just kept forgetting. here are the measurements I got off my 78
You must be registered for see images attach

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rossivey