Door glass kit from Brothers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kyle Resler

Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
Hi fellow Square Body fans, I am looking at the Brothers kit which replaces the door glass in both the driver's / passengers side doors. The kit removes the vent window, anyone here used this kit? Any input did you like it? Easy install?

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
My only concern on the single glass set up has been the mirror mount. The suport bar gets removed during a one piece glass install.

David Bernal

Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
I was just about to ask about this kit. It kinda costly. But I like the look. Did u do the swap? Wonder Juat how easy it is to install. The mirror I wouldn't worry about cause I would be going to the smaller mirrors anyway. Like to hear about the kit. Not just on YouTube. But someone that actually got it. Thank you.

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
There are not many that install it for numerous reasons. Seals and glass become a special order part that might not be available in the future. It is a trade off, just have to decide if it is worth it. I never installed one, just was not overly impressed with the installation video.

Snoots

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy Sierra
Engine Size
Wings. You can't fly without 'em!

I HATE that vehicle designers did away with them. Sometimes form over function does NOT work.
Besides, full windows create more noise and air drag than wings.

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size
Wings. You can't fly without 'em!

I HATE that vehicle designers did away with them. Sometimes form over function does NOT work.
Besides, full windows create more noise and air drag than wings.

Couldn't agree more.

smoothandlow84

I'd rather be draggin' frame
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Truck Year
1984 Frame...87 motor and 700r trans
Truck Model
1500 r10 pavement scraper
Engine Size
350 TBI
They removed the wing window as a safety measure...apparently several people in side impact accidents were impaled by the frame of the wing window and the surviving family members ued. Damn lawyers ruined everything. I wouldn't ever consider ditching my vent windows.

oh yeah and btw...my truck never came equipped with cupholders and still doesn't have cupholders and my crotch will never be an adequate or wise place to hold a hot cup of coffee either. If you guys remember....the old lady who burnt her old ****** because she used her old ****** as a cupholder sued..which led to a federal mandate that all vehicles after 1987 are required to have a minimum of 2 cupholders. Ahhh yes, the mystical powers of the ******, they will never cease to amaze me.

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size
They removed the wing window as a safety measure...apparently several people in side impact accidents were impaled by the frame of the wing window and the surviving family members ued. Damn lawyers ruined everything. I wouldn't ever consider ditching my vent windows.

oh yeah and btw...my truck never came equipped with cupholders and still doesn't have cupholders and my crotch will never be an adequate or wise place to hold a hot cup of coffee either. If you guys remember....the old lady who burnt her old ****** because she used her old ****** as a cupholder sued..which led to a federal mandate that all vehicles after 1987 are required to have a minimum of 2 cupholders. Ahhh yes, the mystical powers of the ******, they will never cease to amaze me.

You can say that again... But seriously, how did bench seat Burbs and Crew Cabs from 1988-91 comply with this? I'd relentlessly say they used a Blazer console in conjunction with the bench seat, but we've been down that road before.

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
You can say that again... But seriously, how did bench seat Burbs and Crew Cabs from 1988-91 comply with this? I'd relentlessly say they used a Blazer console in conjunction with the bench seat, but we've been down that road before.
I would venture to guess that the regulation applied to vehicles designed after '87. Same way some models got air bags or antiloc brakes before others. Usually applied to the next major revision. On the heels of that thought however, my '88 Silverado(gmt400) doesn't have factory cupholders either. I guess we'd need to research cupholder legislation more in depth to know.

shiftpro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
shiftpro
Truck Year
73-87
Truck Model
1500, 2500, 3500
Engine Size
350, 383, 454, 496!
I would venture to guess that the regulation applied to vehicles designed after '87. Same way some models got air bags or antiloc brakes before others. Usually applied to the next major revision. On the heels of that thought however, my '88 Silverado(gmt400) doesn't have factory cupholders either. I guess we'd need to research cupholder legislation more in depth to know.
And vaginas no doubt...

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size

That makes sense. But then again, weren't they already building the GMT400 in late 1986?

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
That makes sense. But then again, weren't they already building the GMT400 in late 1986?

Possibly, but I think mid '87 would be more realistic. Either way, the design would have already past testing and approval for the early gmt400 interiors. Maybe the got the cupholders on the first interior refresh in the early '90s.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchell1128