Do you get adenoid with all the turbulence in the doors ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

twinturbo427

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban
Engine Size
Or you could do the old body shop trick and put a 2x4 between the door and body, and then push the top of the door/window frame in some. That bends the door, causing a tighter seal.

Just be careful

JTWard

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
James
Truck Year
Truck Model
C1500 Silverado
Engine Size
350 Gasoline
As long as it works. It looks pretty good too.

Yeah, after I got done with the body and paint I noticed this annoying whistle or almost roaring from the top of the door. I could't really hear the $1850.00 sound system I had installed. I had a hard time figuring out the where and how to cut down, and I found the 3/4" X 3/4" and it already got double face tape on it. I used a little adhesive at the ends. Not sure where I got it,but the stock number is #B00NL4BRAO. It's a little strange as my 1990 1500 Silverado doesn't have the noise ?
You must be registered for see images attach

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
Gmt400 has a much better door frame design and they have the extra seal on the body side. Gm skipped a bit on air/noise design on the squares a bit. They are not that much better from previous gen. Gmt400 was a major step.

Thanks,
Viktor
Yeah, after I got done with the body and paint I noticed this annoying whistle or almost roaring from the top of the door. I could't really hear the $1850.00 sound system I had installed. I had a hard time figuring out the where and how to cut down, and I found the 3/4" X 3/4" and it already got double face tape on it. I used a little adhesive at the ends. Not sure where I got it,but the stock number is #B00NL4BRAO. It's a little strange as my 1990 1500 Silverado doesn't have the noise ?

JTWard

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
James
Truck Year
Truck Model
C1500 Silverado
Engine Size
350 Gasoline
When were the platforms changed ? When did GMT400 come into being and when did it get changed ? I suppose there's a GMT800 now ? Thank you !

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
When were the platforms changed ? When did GMT400 come into being and when did it get changed ? I suppose there's a GMT800 now ? Thank you !
88 on the pickups 92 for the Burb and Blazer

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
With a lot of additional insulation my suburban is just now getting to the sound levels that my 94 crew cab features. The seals on the door were a major step forward in addition to the bug shield on the hood. Those together dramatically reduced wind noise. Lined the back with three layers and covered on inside of all interior panels. Three layers in the front as well. Firewall is the last piece that I have not been able to add additional insulation yet, and it needs it. Engine noise is 2x greater coming threw the firewall on the suburban when compared to the 94. I also have heavy exhaust leak that is waiting to get fixed(money issue on that one). I believe after adding insulation to the firewall area and leak free exhaust I will be able to beat the stock gmt400. And they are beyond gmt800 now

I am overall happy at the current state as I am able to hold a conversation without much effort with passengers in the rear. And I can just about leave the radio at the some volume levels driving in the city vs 80mph. Exhaust noise is the biggest issue at the moment.

JTWard

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
James
Truck Year
Truck Model
C1500 Silverado
Engine Size
350 Gasoline
Sorry, out on the road. In the rebuilding process I installed a $1890.00 sound sale in my Blazer. Having said that I continued to get a lot of air turbulence noise at the top of the 2 door in that cavity and I solution was to fill the area with a second layer of gasket. It's 3/4 X 3/4 in a ' D ' shape, it's installed out at the edge where the door goes from level to vertical and it cuts down really significantly on the turbulence. It has double face tape on it and it's not any kind of place where it holds any water, it just fills the area where the wind catches on the Blazer out on the turnpike @ 70 MPH. Works like magic.
in the door cavity from the doors seal and the opening of the door.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchell1128