Ding-**** Daughter broke her truck.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CWGRL

Reaction score
First Name
JW
Truck Year
Truck Model
V2500
Engine Size
My lovely daughter didn't know she was in 4wd and was making a sharp turn into her driveway.:confused: of course, we all know what she heard but, she kept going anyway.:banghead:

now, she has NO power steering... did she blow the PS pump?

She has a 97 K1500.

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size
I'd check the reservoir for fluid and the lines and Saginaw box for leaks. My guess is that the reservoir is bone dry.

chengny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K3500
Engine Size
350/5.7
I think 97 was the year that the EVO systems came out. They have "speed sensitive steering" and there is an "electronic variable orifice" (hence EVO) that screws into the pump where the high pressure line screws into. Then the line screws into the EVO. You might try unplugging the electric plug to the EVO, the part the high pressure line plugs into in the pump. Simply leave it unplugged and see if that fixes your problem. This will just leave the orifice wide open and basically eliminates the speed sensitive steering which you can't even tell they have.

You must be registered for see images attach

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
T3rraBeara