Difference between k and a c truck/maybe my first square body

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Derrick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Derrick
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
You can run 3" exhaust and single exhaust should flow as well as dual exhaust.
I don't know my 2003 Chevy 1500 with the 5.3 has full 3" and it does not have the best flow but what the hell I will try it if I get the truck if I don't like it I can always take it off

Derrick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Derrick
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Welcome nice looking truck. When you go look at it check the tire size see if the tires are 16 in or 16.5 . the older c-30s came with 16.5 in wheels and it is getting hard to find tires for them. If it has 16in wheels on it there is a lot of tire choices out there . I know I will catch hell for this but. You can go to wal mart and thay can show you tires on there computer they can order for you in the size you want and give you a price on them . wal mart uses the same out side vender that the dealerships and other tire shops (like pep boys tires plus ) get there tires from . you can also get custom wheels for a dually from Walmart that you can bye 1 at a time till you have a hole set then put all on at one time . this would help a student / working young man like yourself .Good luck on Friday.
Thanks, i somehow missed this comment

75gmck25

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25 Camper Special TH350 NP203
Engine Size
16" wheels for old GM trucks are readily available in most junkyards, and a switch to 16" wheels will really open up the options for tires.

My truck originally had 9.50x16.5" tires with tubes, and 16.5 split rims (really a PIA to work on). I bought 16" 8 bolt wheels for $25 each at the junkyard and mounted 245/75R16E tires on them.

If you plan to haul loads, make sure you are buying E load rating, which is equivalent to a 10 ply tire. 16" tires for a 1/2 ton are sold everywhere, but they are load rating C, which will not be able to handle heavy loads.
This tire rack link explains more about load ratings for light truck tires. https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tiretech/techpage.jsp?techid=55

Bruce

Derrick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Derrick
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
16"wheels for old GM trucks are readily available in most junkyards, and a switch to 16" wheels will really open up the options for tires.

My truck originally had 9.50x16.5" tires with tubes, and 16.5 split rims (really a PIA to work on). I bought 16" 8 bolt wheels for $25 each at the junkyard and mounted 245/75R16E tires on them.

If you plan to haul loads, make sure you are buying E load rating, which is equivalent to a 10 ply tire. 16" tires for a 1/2 ton are sold everywhere, but they are load rating C, which will not be able to handle heavy loads.
This tire rack link explains more about load ratings for light truck tires. https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tiretech/techpage.jsp?techid=55

Bruce
Thanks, i will switch rims and the truck will be more for going up to my family's land which is a old logging trail and maybe hauling a car trailer once in a while

Derrick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Derrick
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
1979 GMC Heavy Half
$1,500

Needs brake booster. Has clean title trailer brake control. Is the heavy half model so has mor leaf packs in the back. Everything works. Nice cruiser. Selling because i found another square id like to buy $1500obo
You must be registered for see images

\
what do yall think and i got some questions before i look at it do you know if it is 4X4 or 2X4 and what are your thoughts on the truck

Big Chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C35
Engine Size
1979 GMC Heavy Half
$1,500

Needs brake booster. Has clean title trailer brake control. Is the heavy half model so has mor leaf packs in the back. Everything works. Nice cruiser. Selling because i found another square id like to buy $1500obo

\
what do yall think and i got some questions before i look at it do you know if it is 4X4 or 2X4 and what are your thoughts on the truck
It looks like it is 2 wheel drive.

rpcraft

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy
Engine Size
LS 6.0 364 CID
wtf chevy stop just put 4x4 on the 4x4 and nothing on 2x4 how hard is that but anyways thanks and i think i might buy that truck

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Rusty Nail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
350sbc
Lookit the color difference of the grass between the pictures.

Lookit the difference of the hubs.
Wtf?

The brown grass pic shows 4x4.
The green grass pic shows 2wd.

I like that truck way more gooder than the orange one.

You must be registered for see images attach

Frankenchevy

Proverbs 16:18
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
^^^ not really sure what to think of the new profile pic

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
I don't think the heavy half option was ever offered as a 4x4.

WFO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Lookit the color difference of the grass between the pictures.

Lookit the difference of the hubs.
Wtf?

The brown grass pic shows 4x4.
The green grass pic shows 2wd.

I like that truck way more gooder than the orange one.

Maybe that's the elusive 3 wheel drive.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
garethrowsell