Dedicated nitrogen charge kit recommendations

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Frankenchevy

Proverbs 16:18
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
I’m looking for a dedicated setup for charging nitrogen shocks, air shocks etc. Anyone have a setup they’d recommend? I have a need on moto bikes, side by sides and now truck shocks…
You must be registered for see images attach

Thanks for your recommendations.

MarineOne

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
Not sure what exactly your looking for. Usually it's just done via bottle that can be sorted from prettymuch any welding supply store

Reactions: WFO

Frankenchevy

Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
I was looking for recommendations on no loss fittings, high pressure manifolds, etc. I already have a nitrogen bottle, just not a dedicated high pressure setup. My manifolds are all low pressure on the output side for welding at 20psi.

I ended up getting a poly performance kit. They have sweet stickers…

Frankenchevy

Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
Not sure what exactly your looking for. Usually it's just done via bottle that can be sorted from prettymuch any welding supply store
I went to my local welding shop and they didn’t have any high pressure manifolds in stock or the fittings for the valve on the shock. I pondered rigging something up, then I came to my senses. It’s worth spending a couple hundred bucks on dedicated equipment to avoid the risk of over pressurizing, contaminating, or otherwise damaging a $4000 set of shocks.

This is all I needed so I have a separate setup on a cart just for this purpose:

Buck69

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
D30 CUCV
Engine Size
6.2 (removed)
I charge accumulators regularly on the job as they are not allowed to be shipped charged. I use a pretty simple set up. Some of the accumulators are as high as 950 psi. I don't bother with a dedicated regulator due to the higher pressures. Just run a hose direct from bottle to a small manifold with needle valve and gauge. No problems with fine and low pressure control with the needle valve.
Can snap a shot of my set up if you like when at the shop tomorrow. It was about $200 CAD with quality components.

Frankenchevy

Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
That’s roughly what I have into that setup above. The 20’ hose will come in handy.

The 7cf tank was around $100 when I first got it and I think it’s about $20 to fill it..

So technically I have about $350 in the whole deal.

Buck69

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
D30 CUCV
Engine Size
6.2 (removed)
Nice! My N tank was not included in that price. I use it quite a bit. Handy for pressurizing a/c systems when looking for leaks too.
Interested in hearing how the shocks work out for you.

Frankenchevy

Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
Nice! My N tank was not included in that price. I use it quite a bit. Handy for pressurizing a/c systems when looking for leaks too.
Interested in hearing how the shocks work out for you.
That was my primary use for nitrogen before this, HVAC. Pressure testing systems and as an inert gas for avoiding cupric oxide when welding up line sets. The manifold I bought for suspension goes up to 300psi. It’s between what I’d use for “operating pressure” of modern refrigerants and MiG welding.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zippo854