Dash Redoing question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Swims350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
none
I know how to do it, it just doesn't hold up like they say. I did the wife's minivan and my old monte carlo both had bubbles sag in it.

Georgeb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
George
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Burb Z71
Engine Size
For what it's worth I have had really good results with this stuff.

Attachments

• IMG_1998.jpg
    IMG_1998.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 125

84chevk10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
I was just kidding, when it comes to the old work car, I'm not to picky. When I said I plastered it up, put it this way, it wasn't purdy.

Poor Boyz Kustoms

Reaction score
First Name
john doe
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
has anyone thought about the competition dash from diy4x? my dash is busted to hell n back and has a cover to go over it, just laying on top, not even taped down. so im debating doing the diy4x dash and stainless steel custom door panels in my truck. check out youtube diy4x dashes, skull crusher and merrick both have them and im really liking the look, just gotta dull it on top to kill the glare...

linkz: dash install
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

merricks dash
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

smoothandlow84

I'd rather be draggin' frame
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Truck Year
1984 Frame...87 motor and 700r trans
Truck Model
1500 r10 pavement scraper
Engine Size
350 TBI
what glue did you use on the tweed?

I used a heavy contact spray adhesive that is commo ly used for headliners. The adhesive is high tack amd when sprayed comes out in a "web" consistency. The trick is to spray the surface to be adhered to AND the backside of the fabric or vinyl for a permanent bond. After both surfaces are sprayed, let them dry for about 5 minutes before applying. Once on....its permanent and very difficult to remove. The adhesive can slightly bleed through the tweed that I used, howerev it dries clear enough that you won't see it unless of course you completely soak the fabric. I will not lie, that adhesive spray makes a mess to all surrounding areas. Work in small areas and be patient and cover up anything that may get over sprayed.

smoothandlow84

Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
350 TBI
I want to know what adhesive so I can get some I've tried the 3m crap 77 and 90 not impressed by either.

The adhesive is a high tack spray headliner spray adhesive. The particular brand is a private label that my local upholstery supply center carries. Most upholstery supply stores should be able to direct you to a comparable product if you explain what you are wanting to do.

You must be registered for see images attach

smoothandlow84

Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
350 TBI
The adhesive is a high tack spray headliner spray adhesive. The particular brand is a private label that my local upholstery supply center carries. Most upholstery supply stores should be able to direct you to a comparable product if you explain what you are wanting to do.

You must be registered for see images attach

I agree over the years I have tried several different products and the 3m is crap. the trick is the "web" consistency of the Adhesive.

Swims350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
none
no upholstery shops here that's the problem. We only have a couple craft/hobby stores and those are like an hou ror more away and we do have a body shop supply store though thankfully. Anymore I've been buying all my stuff online.

I used the 3, 77 and it didn't "web" really but the super strength 90 did and it did hold up decent for a headliner I did once.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dougli1