Daily A2B Tercel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
You've just about rebuilt this Yota from ground up. When do you get to work on the Square? You do still have it right??? Has the city got off your ass about the truck finally? Maybe now that it's spring time, daylight savings time has hit you can rock and roll on the square like have the ricer.

Mackadocious916

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Truck Year
82 c10, 85 k20
Truck Model
GM
Engine Size
Diesel to gas swap
Yeah....the cluster required the front see through cover to be taken out in order for two screws to be able to remove, and with the other one already cracking, I didnt want to chance it in regard to the mileage....

You've just about rebuilt this Yota from ground up. When do you get to work on the Square? You do still have it right??? Has the city got off your ass about the truck finally? Maybe now that it's spring time, daylight savings time has hit you can rock and roll on the square like have the ricer.

The square is still taking up every square inch of my garage.... My initial plan was, after sas, get like a burb 1978 that ran great and cab swap drivetrain for no smog gas.

After all the grinding of rivets to cut up first truck and drilling to get springs on on the square, maybe the neighbors had enough??? I feel any big project id have to work like a tv show with.no sleep for three day spurts, and im just not that committed to this scope a project as I once was..especially in light of the fact that the same neighbors could call at any time and get me popped.. The dmv back reg on the square is so much in fees as commercial duty somewhere in the $1500 range, and idk when the fees fall off ...if ever...I heard 7 years , but the last time I went in to dmv, a lady said it will stay that price until paid for last two years... So like $750/ year back fee x 2... For a project when you can get runner for $4k

I thought about just pulling the square out for rattle can white & frame/ under carriage gloss black as I -in the rush -didnt get all the rustoleum brown black) thinking it would look cleaner and.less likely to be "hated on " / more attractive than a "blight".

But, even then, it still needs almost all other systems addressed... I even one day a few months back called pick n pull and they offered a measly $91 to pick it up, but then said without reg, id need to go get a "junk title" first, and I just havent went that route... I also thought of seeing if the tow company I initially got it off for $200 wanted it back to re sale for the free tow outta here ($400 value around here), even thought about sawzall and selling ord / usable stuff part out...idk.... It's still here for now. But It would be nice to have access to my garage back....

Mackadocious916

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Truck Year
82 c10, 85 k20
Truck Model
GM
Engine Size
Diesel to gas swap
So I have the pillow mounts, camber bolts, to install. I have oil, and oil filter. More atf fluid.

Still needed:
Timing cover oil seal /pump crank seal leak , drivers axle seal area leak, (both in youtube vids earlier) and the one stripped brace bolt...

Mackadocious916

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Truck Year
82 c10, 85 k20
Truck Model
GM
Engine Size
Diesel to gas swap
Went down to toyota today to sell tercel, and they did a carfax. Tirns out it went up to 220k, then the guy I bought it off put in a 169k cluster, so not actual miles. He was going to give $700, but do to not actual miles, I guess couldnt. So I guess the cluster I swapped in is closer to the truth than not.... You know I know plenty of hustle tricks to sell a car... Pit gear oil in transmission to swell seals and stop leaks temporarily, clear check engine so it pops back on....but thisvehicle had the works from the guy I bought it off...
Cel cleared which popped on...
He ran over dusty area, but washed pitside only, so engine bay appeared dirty, but it really just helped make oil leak not as visible cuz it kinda holds the oil together to the pan area... He changed the cluster.... The dealer said, what happens is at 220k the smog test has different parameters and is harder, so people swap 170ish clusters in to make it look like that wouldnt happen....So it was dissapointing...honestly I am wondering if the tacoma I just bought may have same issue... I never knew...
So in life it sucks taking an L, but I have five vehicles right now and want to go back to two for $, and to get parking real estate back...
You must be registered for see images attach

I made a CL add....

https://sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/d/1996-toyota-tercel-dx/6544894145.html?lang=en&cc=us
Been thinking about "offer up"...

I know she will sell fast...

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Yeah....the cluster required the front see through cover to be taken out in order for two screws to be able to remove, and with the other one already cracking, I didnt want to chance it in regard to the mileage....

The square is still taking up every square inch of my garage.... My initial plan was, after sas, get like a burb 1978 that ran great and cab swap drivetrain for no smog gas.

After all the grinding of rivets to cut up first truck and drilling to get springs on on the square, maybe the neighbors had enough??? I feel any big project id have to work like a tv show with.no sleep for three day spurts, and im just not that committed to this scope a project as I once was..especially in light of the fact that the same neighbors could call at any time and get me popped.. The dmv back reg on the square is so much in fees as commercial duty somewhere in the $1500 range, and idk when the fees fall off ...if ever...I heard 7 years , but the last time I went in to dmv, a lady said it will stay that price until paid for last two years... So like $750/ year back fee x 2... For a project when you can get runner for $4k

I thought about just pulling the square out for rattle can white & frame/ under carriage gloss black as I -in the rush -didnt get all the rustoleum brown black) thinking it would look cleaner and.less likely to be "hated on " / more attractive than a "blight".

But, even then, it still needs almost all other systems addressed... I even one day a few months back called pick n pull and they offered a measly $91 to pick it up, but then said without reg, id need to go get a "junk title" first, and I just havent went that route... I also thought of seeing if the tow company I initially got it off for $200 wanted it back to re sale for the free tow outta here ($400 value around here), even thought about sawzall and selling ord / usable stuff part out...idk.... It's still here for now. But It would be nice to have access to my garage back....
So what are you wanting project F smog truck??? If you're trying to just get rid of it for cheap, I'm sure we can find a member in the Sac area that will take it for parts if anything. @Frankenchevy is one off hand I know of.

Crispy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban V1500
Engine Size
Sorry about your luck man. You have a great approach to your vehicles and I dunno if its your own doing or those crazy cali laws that have forced you hand. On the plus side, money are parking are two things anyone cant have enough of.

Good luck on the future projects and I hope you share em.

4WDKC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kacy
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Caster is the alignment of the lower ball joint to the upper mount/balljoint location from front to rear, the rack an pinion could only affect this if it is causing the wheels to turn. Camber is the inner/outer angle of the upper and lower ball joints. A rim bolt? wth is that? If i were you Id keep the Tercel as it will get better milage allowing you more money for the truck, you already have money in it you might not get back and if you get the square done do you need the tacoma?

Mackadocious916

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Truck Year
82 c10, 85 k20
Truck Model
GM
Engine Size
Diesel to gas swap
I am all for the square "going to good hands".

I now have 1)82 GMC square "basket case", 2)96 tercel has timing crank seal/ oil pump leak, and cv driv axle seal gear oil leak, plus one undercarriage mounting bolt spins freely, and.it needs pillow mounts installed. I have (camber bolts too). 3) 08 prius DD solid, stock,and all dealer maintained, 4) 01 chevy tracker that has some chewed wheel studs so swapping wheels out will be issue in the future, and above 55 starts to wobble steering wheel in freeway which is probably due to tire size, and now 5) 99 tacoma, and I have kinda gone the opposite direction that if I now have a truck that runs and drives and trd supercharger from lc engineering is only 2,700, I started to think....do i need the square...

I think I found my limiting factor to be the knob and tube electrical to run a welder. I bought one and returned it due to maxd out electrical panel. Meaning I would have to put a new panel in for 25k.Right now, I just want prius and truck..

I can drive the newer truck, and upgrade my gf of 10 years from tercel to prius, but idk...

I just want to get some space, and when I start byilding the red truck, I think people will see why I am juiced off it... My dad had 82 toyota was horrible with maintenece and it made it 300k before new engine. My brother has a 95, then a tacoma in 99 ( he also had a 94 camaro lt1 in 97 and a 94 ss impala in 96 but back then the $550/mon payments were killing him so he went z28...
I come from gm/ toyota family...

4WDKC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kacy
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
I get it my dd is a 2010 Corolla bought it new has 140k and only have had to do oil changes, changed transmission oil at 100k (and it was still clean), air filter, wipers, tires and 1 set of brakes. Hard to be that kind of reliability and low maintenance. If you're not in love with the truck the letting it go will simplify your life. If you feel like you will regret getting rid of it remember it doesn't cost you to let it sit int he garage, Make a work bench to fit on the frame at the door so you can get to your tools by opening the door.

Mackadocious916

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Truck Year
82 c10, 85 k20
Truck Model
GM
Engine Size
Diesel to gas swap
I get it my dd is a 2010 Corolla bought it new has 140k and only have had to do oil changes, changed transmission oil at 100k (and it was still clean), air filter, wipers, tires and 1 set of brakes. Hard to be that kind of reliability and low maintenance. If you're not in love with the truck the letting it go will simplify your life. If you feel like you will regret getting rid of it remember it doesn't cost you to let it sit int he garage, Make a work bench to fit on the frame at the door so you can get to your tools by opening the door.

I hear you loud and clear.

Got a $600 offer for tercel on friday, but told him I wont hold it. We will see.

Mackadocious916

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Truck Year
82 c10, 85 k20
Truck Model
GM
Engine Size
Diesel to gas swap
Sorry about your luck man. You have a great approach to your vehicles and I dunno if its your own doing or those crazy cali laws that have forced you hand. On the plus side, money are parking are two things anyone cant have enough of.

Good luck on the future projects and I hope you share em.
Thanks and will do.

Mackadocious916

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Truck Year
82 c10, 85 k20
Truck Model
GM
Engine Size
Diesel to gas swap
Sold!!!!Sold!!!! Sold!!!!

My neighbor of all people-after all the craigs list and offer up shenangians- bought it for $600 without rims which I could probably sell for $300 with new tires...

More space is nice... He wants to check on the tracker tommorrow. I think he flips cars but I told him get as much as he can.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Sold!!!!Sold!!!! Sold!!!!

My neighbor of all people-after all the craigs list and offer up shenangians- bought it for $600 without rims which I could probably sell for $300 with new tires...

More space is nice... He wants to check on the tracker tommorrow. I think he flips cars but I told him get as much as he can.
Post Copied to Project F Smog !!!

Mackadocious916

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Truck Year
82 c10, 85 k20
Truck Model
GM
Engine Size
Diesel to gas swap
Sold the tercel,still got to sell mini me offered $1700 by neighbor, and f smog.... Its a liquidation extravaganza....

Then I will start with the tacoma build.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dougli1