Cummins Swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dlili

Reaction score
First Name
Devin
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Hello All,

Noob here looking for some advice. If anyone has done this on here or knows where to refer me to i would appreciate it.

Just recently acquired a 1997-1998 12V with an Allison Transmission behind it (not sure of which exact trans it is). any ideas? #29534897 on it
What i know is that its out of a box truck has around 100K on it and it ran when pulled (wrecked vehicle) it sat for about 2 years on blocks in a heated shop was turned over every so often and didn't leak a drop of fluid.
What i'm getting at here is i'm planning on swapping out the gut less 350 in my 87 4x4 square body Silverado. Not to worried about mechanics of the engine they are pretty self explanatory.

So what my questions are
Is there a company that makes motor mounts and cross members for the swap? (saw avalanche engineering but i guess they closed down)
Aside from boxing the frame, what would be the best way to handle the weight? (upgraded springs? air bags?)
and does anyone know anything about the trans and running a divorced t-case, and what one, with these older box truck allison transmissions?

Thanks in advance!

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Welcome to the site.

77 K20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20 5" lift
Engine Size
HT383 fuel injected

dlili

Reaction score
First Name
Devin
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
So it is the AT 545 transmaission
On that note any suggestions on what trans to put behind this powerhouse that won't require a tone of fabrication?

marks86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
12v Cummins
So it is the AT 545 transmaission
On that note any suggestions on what trans to put behind this powerhouse that won't require a tone of fabrication?

I put a nv4500 because any auto trans that will hold up to a built cummins is going to be $$$$$

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
T3rraBeara