Crown suspension?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cotas86

Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Looking into 6-7 drop kit from crown suspension for my 86. Read mixed reviews and just wondering if anybody had any input before I pull trigger on purchase.

You must be registered for see images attach

spanky55amg

I'll give u $5, a hardy handshake, & 5 fish sticks
Reaction score
First Name
Spanky
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 Short Fleet
Engine Size
V8
I have never heard of them. Maybe someone else will chime in, but....

66nailhead

Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 and a c10
Engine Size
I have heard of them, but I don't know anybody that has run there stuff. They seem like a good company though.
I pieced together djm, mcgauphy and beltech parts to get the truck down to a 6/8 drop. Then I pulled some leafs out to get her around ten inch drop in the rear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cotas86

Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Thx for the replies... gonna go ahead and go with this kit. It going to be a "for the meantime" type set up anyways till I can save my pennies for a back half kit to bag it and get a little closer to the ground.

Cotas86

Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I have heard of them, but I don't know anybody that has run there stuff. They seem like a good company though.
I pieced together djm, mcgauphy and beltech parts to get the truck down to a 6/8 drop. Then I pulled some leafs out to get her around ten inch drop in the rear.

Man I like that. Hopefully your keeping the original paint scheme..

smoothandlow84

I'd rather be draggin' frame
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Truck Year
1984 Frame...87 motor and 700r trans
Truck Model
1500 r10 pavement scraper
Engine Size
350 TBI
From looking at whats included in the Crown kit, it seems to be a great deal especially since they include the shocks as well. I havent heard anything bad about Crown. I also pieced together my setp...its about the same parts as the Crown kit (mainly McGaughy's parts)....and im closer to 6-10 myself.

The pic is from almost 3 year ago when I first brought home the truck. Its come along way since then (paint bodywork, interior etc).

Cotas86

Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
From looking at whats included in the Crown kit, it seems to be a great deal especially since they include the shocks as well. I havent heard anything bad about Crown. I also pieced together my setp...its about the same parts as the Crown kit (mainly McGaughy's parts)....and im closer to 6-10 myself.

The pic is from almost 3 year ago when I first brought home the truck. Its come along way since then (paint bodywork, interior etc).

Nice..... what all did you do to get 10" out of the rear?

R10C10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
350/700R4

6.5/9 DROP. Mix of DJM and McGaughys. rear is DJM 5'' flip kit with adjustable pinion angle. 2'' front of rear spring relocate bracket and 2'' rear shackle. McGaughys c-notch. front is DJM 3'' drop control arms, DJM upper control arms, 2.5" McGaughys drop spindles, one coil cut off new factory coil springs.
now a lot of people will have opinions on here of best way to do this or that. or best company to buy from. or not to buy from. what it all comes down to is do what you want and what you can afford. but do it right and make it safe and reliable. I personally never dealt with crown suspension but it looks like a good bang for your buck. A lot of people will talk crap about DJM but I have ran their stuff on multiple trucks and never had an issue or problem. going with the drop control arms made my front suspension geometry very close to stock. my truck rides extremely well. trade off- yes my front lca's are close to the ground. but not so low its not drivable. my lca's barely rub going up my curb into my driveway and never rub on speed bumps. my long tube headers catch speed bumps. 3" drop springs seriously reduce the amount of travel your lca has before hitting bump stop causing rough ride. also makes it a little more difficult to align properly. causes a lot of negative camber and you can only stack so many shims before running out of threads on the upper control arm mount.

Cotas86

Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size

6.5/9 DROP. Mix of DJM and McGaughys. rear is DJM 5'' flip kit with adjustable pinion angle. 2'' front of rear spring relocate bracket and 2'' rear shackle. McGaughys c-notch. front is DJM 3'' drop control arms, DJM upper control arms, 2.5" McGaughys drop spindles, one coil cut off new factory coil springs.
now a lot of people will have opinions on here of best way to do this or that. or best company to buy from. or not to buy from. what it all comes down to is do what you want and what you can afford. but do it right and make it safe and reliable. I personally never dealt with crown suspension but it looks like a good bang for your buck. A lot of people will talk crap about DJM but I have ran their stuff on multiple trucks and never had an issue or problem. going with the drop control arms made my front suspension geometry very close to stock. my truck rides extremely well. trade off- yes my front lca's are close to the ground. but not so low its not drivable. my lca's barely rub going up my curb into my driveway and never rub on speed bumps. my long tube headers catch speed bumps. 3" drop springs seriously reduce the amount of travel your lca has before hitting bump stop causing rough ride. also makes it a little more difficult to align properly. causes a lot of negative camber and you can only stack so many shims before running out of threads on the upper control arm mount.
Awesome advice... I'm gonna go ahead and order this and work from there. I know every one has an opinion on who to buy from and not to buy from like you said. I believe no two applications will ever be the same even when the same exact kits are bought so opinions will vary. I have an 6/7 drop kit from djm on my 2011 single cab silverado which I've ran for about two years now and had have no complaints. Thx for the response and advice. Bad ass truck by the way I'm from az too and I'll keep an eye out for it.

smoothandlow84

Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
350 TBI
The rear on mine..flip kit, mini notch, 2" drop shackles and the overload leafs removed.

Btw Anthony, you should join up with us for the local carshows.

Cotas86

Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
The rear on mine..flip kit, mini notch, 2" drop shackles and the overload leafs removed.

cool sounds like ill be removing some leafs in addition to the rear kit.....Yeah deffinently want to attend. Just let me know

R10C10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
350/700R4
Awesome advice... I'm gonna go ahead and order this and work from there. I know every one has an opinion on who to buy from and not to buy from like you said. I believe no two applications will ever be the same even when the same exact kits are bought so opinions will vary. I have an 6/7 drop kit from djm on my 2011 single cab silverado which I've ran for about two years now and had have no complaints. Thx for the response and advice. Bad ass truck by the way I'm from az too and I'll keep an eye out for it.

cool sounds like ill be removing some leafs in addition to the rear kit.....Yeah deffinently want to attend. Just let me know

Happy to meet another AZ guy here. Once it cools down I will spend most Saturday nights at 67th ave and Bell car cruise. Steve will bring his bad ass C10 out there occasionally as well as my father with his 86 C10. Also once it cools down and the show scene picks back up I try to make most of the local shows. Will let you know when it cools down. Be great to get more squares out at the shows.

smoothandlow84

Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
350 TBI
Thanks for the props Jay. I too am anxiously waiting for the "cool down period" before heading out to some shows. Due to the heat, I have only been able to tinker under the hood, changing up a few minor items that have been on my list for awhile. It will definately be nice to add more squares to the shows.

radio2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
83 and 88
Truck Model
83 C10 and 88 R10 Burb
Engine Size

Don't want to hi-jack this post, just wanted to say thank you. Just bought an 88Burb with 3" drop springs up front and it pretty rough up front, been wondering why. Looks like you diagnosed perfectly.
Thanks again new burb and my 83 C10 below

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheBeast1990