Crew cab worth fixing?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

4WDKC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kacy
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Well the ones Andrew posted not much if anything HRs that's on Rockwells maybe in Texas it would be ok most states not so much.

Why arent rockwells legal? And think anyone that is inspecting smart enough to notice.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Why arent rockwells legal? And think anyone that is inspecting smart enough to notice.
They stick way out even withe the brakes removed and the front hubs flipped. Not to mention most states frown on drive line brakes which is commonly done because you shed like 300 lbs or more an axle when you remove the brakes and also hydraulic steering is also frowned on. I have my PA inspection license and I wouldn't see a problem. But really nothing a Kodiak front clip and dually fenders wouldn't fix. Lol

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
They stick way out even withe the brakes removed and the front hubs flipped. Not to mention most states frown on drive line brakes which is commonly done because you shed like 300 lbs or more an axle when you remove the brakes and also hydraulic steering is also frowned on. I have my PA inspection license and I wouldn't see a problem. But really nothing a Kodiak front clip and dually fenders wouldn't fix. Lol
Ohhh you could flare fenders and/or mud flaps to make it barely legal in many states. You could possibly even run the single dual rims with the offset faced in. It's the tires and dirt and rock slinging the law is concerned about. It wouldn't matter much on how far the hub stuck out so long as you're in your lane. It's no worse than the width of a duece and a half driving down the freeway.

4WDKC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kacy
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Ohhh you could flare fenders and/or mud flaps to make it barely legal in many states. You could possibly even run the single dual rims with the offset faced in. It's the tires and dirt and rock slinging the law is concerned about. It wouldn't matter much on how far the hub stuck out so long as you're in your lane. It's no worse than the width of a duece and a half driving down the freeway.

How much wider than an H1? Give it a couple of years and the silly donks will have tires big enough to fit the rockwell wheels with street tread.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
How much wider than an H1? Give it a couple of years and the silly donks will have tires big enough to fit the rockwell wheels with street tread.
Hubs flipped out (normal Duece-n a half)80" WMS to WMS
Hubs flipped in 70" WMS to WMS

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
I've seen them with steering axle wheel configuration front and rear and the poke the slightest bit on a square it's just goofy looking imo.

ajd89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
There you go @ajdemello make a truggy you got a cab and a frame. The rest is just pieces.lol

Lol I still need floors! Maybe not rockers though. I don't think you could put a crew on a regular cab long box frame at least not without some work the frame comes up right behind the cab on the crew cab frame that flat spot is longer. Idk how else to explain it. How much do Rockwells go for anyways?

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Lol I still need floors! Maybe not rockers though. I don't think you could put a crew on a regular cab long box frame at least not without some work the frame comes up right behind the cab on the crew cab frame that flat spot is longer. Idk how else to explain it. How much do Rockwells go for anyways?
All depends on the area. I've seen as low as 800 and up to over 3k each. Government auctions are good places to look and sometimes you can find them new in a crate. I'm sure with a cut here and a cut there it wouldn't be hard to fit a CC on a regular frame.

Jrgunn5150

Questionable methods
Reaction score
First Name
J.R.
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
6.slow
I'd fix it, it takes alot of time, but it's not really hard. I'm in Ionia if you need a hand.

shiftpro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
shiftpro
Truck Year
73-87
Truck Model
1500, 2500, 3500
Engine Size
350, 383, 454, 496!
I would probably trash it myself, but I say that because I don't need it.

Hell, I fixed this 68 cab a couple years ago. About 30 people had come to look at this motorhome for sale and passed because the cab (back) was so bad. I saw a lemon and knew I could make lemonade out of it.
So it boils down to how much you need it and how hard would it be to replace it with all the time, money, etc. included.
Sure feels good to save one, but,

You must be registered for see images attach

You're one hell of a craftsman but you can't spell worth a damn.

ajd89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
I'd fix it, it takes alot of time, but it's not really hard. I'm in Ionia if you need a hand.
Well I'm still trying to sell it I would rather put the time and money in to the other trucks I've got. I sure do appreciate the offer and may have to take you up on that when I get the r30 going it needs front rockers in a little floor work. I'm actually in Wheeler but I have grandparents that live in Eagle and Portland just down the road from you

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cesardelacadena