Crew cab worth fixing?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ajd89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
So I picked up a parts truck little bit ago. Cab is pretty shot in my eyes but wanted to see what you guys think before I scrap it. I've got a pretty decent crew cab so I don't need it. Have it on cl but getting sick of looking at it and not much interest. Here's the pics plus some dents in the roof.

You must be registered for see images attach

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
So I picked up a parts truck little bit ago. Cab is pretty shot in my eyes but wanted to see what you guys think before I scrap it. I've got a pretty decent crew cab so I don't need it. Have it on cl but getting sick of looking at it and not much interest. Here's the pics plus some dents in the roof.

One mans junk is another mans treasure. I wouldn't hesitate to fix it but that's me.

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Good friend of mine that passed away a while back would look at that and say "piece a cake", give him a week and that cab would look brand new, lol..

ajd89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Good friend of mine that passed away a while back would look at that and say "piece a cake", give him a week and that cab would look brand new, lol..

Sorry to hear he's not with us anymore thats a shame. Well maybe it's not that bad then I don't know anything about body work just not my thing.

ajd89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
I have to ask what flippin time zone is this site in? Drives me crazy when I look at the times on here!

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size
If I had the equipment or had access to it, I'd consider it. If not, probably not. I think it all depends on if you have the time and patience to undertake it, and if you're confident you can do it.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Come get it! Lol
Love to it would look nice sitting on my frame but like most things your probably on the other side of the earth. And I have the same mind set as @74 Shortbed freind who's passed. Metal work I'm all about it.

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Sorry to hear he's not with us anymore thats a shame. Well maybe it's not that bad then I don't know anything about body work just not my thing.
Thanks, he was a good guy and one hell of a bodyman and fiberglass guy, If I started to fix that it would end up a bigger mess than what it it is now, lol, it ain't my thing either, lol..

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
If I had the equipment or had access to it, I'd consider it. If not, probably not. I think it all depends on if you have the time and patience to undertake it, and if you're confident you can do it.
Ain't nothin to it but to do it. Hardest part is fitting everything in the dry run. It's just like a big puzzle and who is afraid or intimidated by puzzles? @ajdemello this could be a great learning experience for you. You don't need it so any thing short of totally destroying it will be a positive experience for you as long as you keep a positive mind set that your learning. This kinda stuff isnt learned over night.

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
I have to ask what flippin time zone is this site in? Drives me crazy when I look at the times on here!
Don't matter what time zone the site is, go to your profile and Preferences and set your time zone then all times will show up as your time.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Don't matter what time zone the site is, go to your profile and Preferences and set your time zone then all times will show up as your time.
I finally fixed mine lmao thanks Art!!

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size
Ain't nothin to it but to do it. Hardest part is fitting everything in the dry run. It's just like a big puzzle and who is afraid or intimidated by puzzles? @ajdemello this could be a great learning experience for you. You don't need it so any thing short of totally destroying it will be a positive experience for you as long as you keep a positive mind set that your learning. This kinda stuff isnt learned over night.
You're absolutely right. Nothing to lose and potentially something to gain.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rossivey