Crew cab front bench seat in a single cab

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Frankenchevy

Proverbs 16:18
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
Is a crew cab front bench seat a direct bolt in for a single cab pick up? Thank you

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
Bolts in but no fold as mentioned. I swapped them around before

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
The tracks are different between the two, but year for year, the seat itself swaps. The tracks and seat mounting changed a couple times in the 70's, then again in '81 or so.

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
The tracks are different between the two, but year for year, the seat itself swaps. The tracks and seat mounting changed a couple times in the 70's, then again in '81 or so.
Good point on year difference. I am trying to remember if I had to swap the tracks now that you mention it. I though I remembered just unbolting the two seats and swapping them around

Frankenchevy

Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
Well I don’t have tracks. There are gmt 400 leather buckets in there now. If my cab is newer than 81 then the seats need to be newer than 81 as well then?

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Well I don’t have tracks. There are gmt 400 leather buckets in there now. If my cab is newer than 81 then the seats need to be newer than 81 as well then?

The year doesn't exactly matter. So long as you have the tracks that match the seat, and the tracks are for the location you want to mount the seat.

Frankenchevy

Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
The year doesn't exactly matter. So long as you have the tracks that match the seat, and the tracks are for the location you want to mount the seat.
So if I am understanding you correctly… Any year square body seat will mount up in my cabs stock bolt hole locations. It’s the seat that has to match the tracks? So another words, as long as the seat and tracks are from the same vehicle, that combination will mount up in my cab?

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
So if I am understanding you correctly… Any year square body seat will mount up in my cabs stock bolt hole locations. It’s the seat that has to match the tracks? So another words, as long as the seat and tracks are from the same vehicle, that combination will mount up in my cab?

Yup. It's just that crew cab and Burb tracks are slightly different than single cab tracks. But with minor modifications to the rear mounts, those should fit a reg cab too.

Frankenchevy

Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
Yup. It's just that crew cab and Burb tracks are slightly different than single cab tracks. But with minor modifications to the rear mounts, those should fit a reg cab too.
Just asked and was told the crew cab was an 88. They were still square bodies for cc’s but are you aware of any changes for the 88-91 cc’s as far as seats?

Frankenchevy

Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Just asked and was told the crew cab was an 88. They were still square bodies for cc’s but are you aware of any changes for the 88-91 cc’s as far as seats?

The crew cabs just got carryover seats in those years. Burbs got newer fabic and stuff, but was essentially the same too.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchell1128