Cracked manifold - looking @ headers and exhaust on a budget. Suggestions?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Larry Olson

Reaction score
First Name
larry
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
454cu inch
If you need a set of headers (long tube) for that 350 I do have a brand new set that I was going to use but changed my mind. I will sell them for $90.00.

Vbb199

B-rate Hillbilly Customs
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Truck Year
89, 79
Truck Model
89 Suburban R1500, 79 C10
Engine Size
350, 502
Until you make a decision, I'd be spraying the hardware weekly with WD40 or equivalent to try and make the job easier when the time comes.

Amen! That's what I tell anyone who's talking about switching headers lol

Clint L

Reaction score
First Name
Clint
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban c20
Engine Size
Just to set expectations and assuming your 350 is close to stock, switching to headers may give performance gains on paper but you probably will not feel it. Headers look cool and it’s fun to say “yeah it’s got headers”. Wanna be cheap then just replace the manifold. Wanna be cool and cheap then buy some used headers, knock the surface rust off, and paint them yourself with high temp paint.

MikeB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Just to set expectations and assuming your 350 is close to stock, switching to headers may give performance gains on paper but you probably will not feel it. Headers look cool and it’s fun to say “yeah it’s got headers”. Wanna be cheap then just replace the manifold. Wanna be cool and cheap then buy some used headers, knock the surface rust off, and paint them yourself with high temp paint.

And that's after you jump through all kinds of hoops to make them fit! And that hi-temp paint? Plan on repainting every 1-2 years, or just living with the surface rust, especially if the truck is parked outside.

Again: https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog...5490,exhaust+&+emission,exhaust+manifold,5860

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guillermoariast