couple trucks and other stuff

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

68post

very, VERY, limited access member
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Truck Year
Truck Model
84 K30 SRW Silverado, 85 C20 C6P
Engine Size
454, TBD
Thanks for the update, I know all about being too busy. I'm too busy to worry about my personal projects also.

Christian Nelson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Christian
Truck Year
Truck Model
K15
Engine Size
What trans is that? What are the advantages? I have a K25, 350/465, myself.

The advntage to a true 4 speed would be that you'd be able to use all four speeds while driving, and get a bit more gas mileage. Let's say for example, your truck might be a bit boggy on launch for pulling in your 2nd gear since you can't really use granny low for driving, if you are using 3.05 gears in your diffs.

Well, having a lower 1st gear, that is still useable, not the granny low would allow you to have a really nice final drive ratio for highway mileage, and still have the snort on take off.

Most guys can get between 12 to 16 with a 3 speed (which is what the granny ends up giving you for actual driving) and you can get an OD automatic, and bring that up to 19, maybe 20. I am pretty sure, if you had a regular 4 speed, spread out, instead of a granny low, you'd be able to use tall enough final drive to make it the same as OD in an automatic.. That's the easy answer..

BowTieJockey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Trey
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Do you have any np241s. I need one from behind a 700 but will take one from a behind a 400. If so what would be your price. I'm sure shipping g would kill me.

Edit: the vss version not the cable version.

BowTieJockey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Trey
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
You wouldn't happen to to have a small block vortex serpentine setup would you?

towjoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
joe
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30's or V3500's
Engine Size
6.2, 454
picture.php
Ok so my towing business is eating up all my time and Landlord is on my but about a yard and barn full of stuff I haven't messed with in over a year. I can't even get time to strip a few other parts trucks that I got setting around. Time to let some of the stuff go. I have had this crew cab project 4 years now and done nothing with it. It's a short bed 3/4 4x4 454 turbo 400/208. was a suburban that someone customized into a pickup. has a slight tweek in front frame, take $1500 for it

towjoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
joe
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30's or V3500's
Engine Size
6.2, 454
the white K5 is setting in my way, only thing missing is front grille guard and nerf bars from picture. I have a good engine and trans out for it, $2k obo it's time to get it out of here.

The 78 K20 is still in my yard, not sure if I can find the title to it, hasn't run in 2 years $1200

I have a really decent 1978 c20 crew cab I bought a year and a half ago that got stuck out in barn lot. really a solid truck for a Indiana truck, $1500 run out of gas and haven't touched in year now.

My military K5 with 70k or so miles on it needs to go before it ends up my next offroad truck. no front bumper and front pump had a leak in trans last I drove it 2 years ago. body tub is about perfect rust free, I gave $2500 for it drove it twice take a good offer.

Anyone interested pm me and I'll give you my number or leave yours and I will text more pictures/ info. I am trying to keep 9 trucks in tow fleet on road and figured I'd offer some of these to someone before they went to waste. I'll look in back lot and see what else project trucks I still have, but I know I will never get around to fixing any of these and might as well try and find them a good home

Don5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Truck Year
Truck Model
k15
Engine Size
I would love to have the 78. I said that when I first saw the truck.That is my favorite year for these trucks.

towjoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
joe
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30's or V3500's
Engine Size
6.2, 454
The 78 is a pretty neat truck 4 speed factory tach. If it don't sell soon it it will end up cut up in parts on shelf. I had chance to sell axles but hated to cut it up since it is a pretty straight complete truck.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
The 78 is a pretty neat truck 4 speed factory tach. If it don't sell soon it it will end up cut up in parts on shelf. I had chance to sell axles but hated to cut it up since it is a pretty straight complete truck.

Oh I really hope it doesn't come to that. Of all the trucks you have, that one is one of my favorites.

towjoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
joe
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30's or V3500's
Engine Size
6.2, 454
Come save it bucket, you know where I live. Tired of having a yard full of projects I will never do anything with and having trouble with my ankles making just working a tough job anymore. I'm even pondering selling my m1028a2, I have drove it once in last year and its setting in the barn. I use it to haul my portable welder so it gets started and pulled out every month or 2. My red v3500 hasn't been out of the barn in a year and doubt it get out this year. Transmission is leaking and can't get time to fix it. The suburban is in the barn to, needs a couple tires and serviced. I pulled it in there mid last summer and have yet to get it done. Working on the tow trucks and running calls a 80-100 hour a week job now. When I get time I'll go out back and see what else projects I have that need to go. I still have 9-10 squarebodys at other farm the tornado destroyed a year and a half ago I have yet to deal with.

Skweegle89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I would be all over that CUCV blazer if I knew how to get it home. Let me get with our flatbed dispatcher next week and see if we can't work something out.

Sent from an old rotary telephone.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Come save it bucket, you know where I live. Tired of having a yard full of projects I will never do anything with and having trouble with my ankles making just working a tough job anymore. I'm even pondering selling my m1028a2, I have drove it once in last year and its setting in the barn. I use it to haul my portable welder so it gets started and pulled out every month or 2. My red v3500 hasn't been out of the barn in a year and doubt it get out this year. Transmission is leaking and can't get time to fix it. The suburban is in the barn to, needs a couple tires and serviced. I pulled it in there mid last summer and have yet to get it done. Working on the tow trucks and running calls a 80-100 hour a week job now. When I get time I'll go out back and see what else projects I have that need to go. I still have 9-10 squarebodys at other farm the tornado destroyed a year and a half ago I have yet to deal with.
Damn, I wish I had time and cash to go to IN. I bet there is some good parts I could use sorting thru the tornado trucks, being you seem to have alot of 1 tons.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454

I think Don should buy the '78, then I won't have the urge anymore :popcorn:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RNFL