Comfort Me

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jesse Smith

Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500
Engine Size
I’m in the very early stages of my first ever restore. I’m sprucing up my interior, and when the weather warms up I’ll be doing an engine swap. I’m replacing the locked up 305 with another 305 (I know I know I should’ve gotten a 350 but I’m on a budget and in a hurry). Now I’m sure this won’t be too difficult, but this is the first time I’ve ever messed with an engine and quite honestly my ass is clinched pretty tight when I think about what all I might do wrong. Can anyone share any advice, or hold me and tell me it’s gonna be alright?

smurfasaur

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Hard pass on holding you and telling you it will be alright.

On a different note, what you’re doing is not rocket surgery. These trucks don’t have tons of wires and sensors so it’s pretty intuitive where everything needs to go. I would advise to label every wire and hose you disconnect if in doubt you’ll remember where it went, and invest in a ziplock bags and a sharpie for your nuts and bolts. Beyond that just don’t be in a hurry, don’t forget to fill your new motor with oil before you start it, and don’t be afraid to ask questions. If a numbnuts like me can do it, you can too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Just think of it like this. It’s nust and bolts. Some mouth breather on an assembly line put it in there. As stated it isn’t rocket surgery. More like a transplant. I offered this to another member but he passed on it. I have a 350 short block. It’s hanging in my 1 to by 2 bolts. A buck fifty buys it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchell1128