Code Readers, OBDl OBDll and CAN Bus

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

theblindchicken

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Christian
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 5" lift + 2" BL
Engine Size
350-4, 0.030" over
A while back I got one of the bluetooth OBDII readers to sync up with the Torque Pro app. Worked nicely when our '03 Burban was throwing a code for the O2 sensor. Also cool to see estimated mileage/rpms/0-60mph times, etc. on the '99 Tahoe too.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I finally decided which OBDll CAN SRS ABS code reader to go with. Autel MaxiLink ML619. I've been watching them on ebay for $104 for a few months. Seen it at Sears for $109.99 and used $10 FREE CASH and $50 in Sears My Way points + $10 FREE CASH on my next purchase of $75 or more or use my $50 in My Way points on any purchases under $50 till I used it up, so I pulled the trigger on that deal finally. Not sure what I'll get yet but I think I'll be getting something for more than $75 and getting $60 off on it. :shrug:

I was wanting a code reader that would do OBD l also, but it appears to get one that does SRS Airbag and ABS Brakes, it's usually a more advanced unit and doesn't support older technology. So I guess I'll just keep this POS Actron CP9145 and find the OBD l cables for cheap somewhere. Still pist at Actron for that ******** and it not being able to be ugraded to support CANbus just because I bought one of the early units. Had I bought it about 6 months later than I did, it would have been an upgradeable unit. Seems they could have given me a deep discount on a new Actron unit or some kind of buyback. Pricks !!!

http://autoltech01.sell.everychina....ink-al619-car-diagnostics-obd2-scan-tool.html

You must be registered for see images attach

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
A while back I got one of the bluetooth OBDII readers to sync up with the Torque Pro app. Worked nicely when our '03 Burban was throwing a code for the O2 sensor. Also cool to see estimated mileage/rpms/0-60mph times, etc. on the '99 Tahoe too.
I also bought that. I forget now which one it was. One of the more common ones and it's Blue so you probably know what I'm talking about. Why am I thinking EL327 for some reason? That might be it. I too and using the Torque Pro app and another app on my tablet. That is just to ****** cool when you can make a new dashboard reading all those guages with a tablet that's reading the OBD ll sensors as you're traveling. Bummer for me though, I don't all the gauges supported on the 04 Kia. It does make me want an OBD ll USA vehicle though to try it out. I've thought about getting me an LS truck again. Maybe an 03-06 Avalanche or Pickup. I think I want the drive by wire which started in 03 but I don't yet want the CAN bus. Hell who knows, I gotta keep mpg in mind for my bidness or it'll eat my profits in gas. This Kia getting 30mpg helps me out alot.

theblindchicken

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Christian
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 5" lift + 2" BL
Engine Size
350-4, 0.030" over
I also bought that. I forget now which one it was. One of the more common ones and it's Blue so you probably know what I'm talking about. Why am I thinking EL327 for some reason? That might be it. I too and using the Torque Pro app and another app on my tablet. That is just to ****** cool when you can make a new dashboard reading all those guages with a tablet that's reading the OBD ll sensors as you're traveling. Bummer for me though, I don't all the gauges supported on the 04 Kia. It does make me want an OBD ll USA vehicle though to try it out. I've thought about getting me an LS truck again. Maybe an 03-06 Avalanche or Pickup. I think I want the drive by wire which started in 03 but I don't yet want the CAN bus. Hell who knows, I gotta keep mpg in mind for my bidness or it'll eat my profits in gas. This Kia getting 30mpg helps me out alot.

Yup. takes a little tweaking to set it up exactly how you like it, but definitely helped out when my dad's 03 Yukon had a check engine code for the O2 Sensor. So much easier to just plug it in and start it versus taking it to a shop to have them read it only to turn around and not have the right part or whatnot.

Also it makes ya drive a little smoother when you can see your mpgs versus not thinking about it and putting your foot down.