Chrome grill for '86 k20

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JimSam

Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
k20
Engine Size
My wife is parts shopping for her 1986 Chevy Scottsdale k20. She bought a new grille from LMC but doesn't like the grey when everything else is chrome. Can that plastic grille be chromed or does somebody know if there is a chrome one for sale that looks like the original? (No Billet)
Thanks for any thoughts

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
My wife is parts shopping for her 1986 Chevy Scottsdale k20. She bought a new grille from LMC but doesn't like the grey when everything else is chrome. Can that plastic grille be chromed or does somebody know if there is a chrome one for sale that looks like the original? (No Billet)
Thanks for any thoughts
I do believe LMC sells a chrome one I wanna say @R10C10 has one....welcome to GMSB

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
If you can find a silverado grill with the body color matched center bar, that color is a vinyl applique that will peel off. It's shiny chrome underneath. A coworker just did it with the grill he bought from me.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
If you can find a silverado grill with the body color matched center bar, that color is a vinyl applique that will peel off. It's shiny chrome underneath. A coworker just did it with the grill he bought from me.
Oh really... I will have to check that out:waytogo:

JimSam

Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
k20
Engine Size
LMC sells chrome headlight bezels but not the grill, I'll try R10C10. Thanks Honky Kong
Magnificent Bastard, are you talking Silverado Grill for same year? Are they interchangeable? Thanks

JimSam

Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
k20
Engine Size
Honky Kong...guess I don't know what R10C10 is, can you enlighten me with what you mean? Thanks again

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
LMC sells chrome headlight bezels but not the grill, I'll try R10C10. Thanks Honky Kong
Magnificent Bastard, are you talking Silverado Grill for same year? Are they interchangeable? Thanks
I can just see @CSFJ head swelling already......:Nonono::laughing1:

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
One like this.

You must be registered for see images attach

That should be a direct bolt in.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Honky Kong...guess I don't know what R10C10 is, can you enlighten me with what you mean? Thanks again
He is a member with a sweet R10 I just tagged him to your thread. He will get a notification that he has been tagged and hopefully take a look. He’s a good dude and should respond

JimSam

Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
k20
Engine Size
That's the same grille I have but it's painted grey, not chromed. is that grille chromed, hard to tell with pic, or, does it match the headlight bezels?

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
The main body is the same silver as the bezels, but iirc, the horizontal bars have chrome strips on them, and the center one is chromed underneath the vinyl color.

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
Long story short, it's not entirely chrome, but has more on it than the lower trim level grilles.

JimSam

Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
k20
Engine Size
Thanks man, I'll start hunting for one. My wife got a sweet deal on this Scottsdale, the body is spotless, no rust, no dents. It has a new crate motor and runs like a raped ape. She has all the shiny parts, trim, fender molding, door panels etc. Only thing left is a little more shine to the grill and paint! She's going to add an old school roll bar with some KC's to retro it out, going to be a neat truck! Thanks again for all your info

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Thanks man, I'll start hunting for one. My wife got a sweet deal on this Scottsdale, the body is spotless, no rust, no dents. It has a new crate motor and runs like a raped ape. She has all the shiny parts, trim, fender molding, door panels etc. Only thing left is a little more shine to the grill and paint! She's going to add an old school roll bar with some KC's to retro it out, going to be a neat truck! Thanks again for all your info
Oh I forgot to add where is the pics? Lol

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dhatch84