Carbed Lt1 going in 78 GMC 4x4.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Robert Samaniego

Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC
Engine Size
Well , my only real doubt is the notching of the frame but once I test fit the engine with accessories I will know where to notch the frame . Or maybe a relocation kit . I will be running a carburetor and no opti spark which is junk. The lt1 is coming out of a 94 Camaro z28 making room for a 496 on that maro but that is another story , another project. IF anyone has done this swap please post up some pics .

You must be registered for see images attach

Robert Samaniego

Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC
Engine Size
Not for the oil pan but if I would keep the accessories in the stock location the frame would be in the way on the passenger side. But since last nite I actually followed a link provided to me and I can get a relocation kit for the accessories.

Robert Samaniego

Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC
Engine Size
Getting my Lt1 ready. Aluminum heads would be nice , oops Lt1 comes with those! :D

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Well , my only real doubt is the notching of the frame but once I test fit the engine with accessories I will know where to notch the frame . Or maybe a relocation kit . I will be running a carburetor and no opti spark which is junk. The lt1 is coming out of a 94 Camaro z28 making room for a 496 on that maro but that is another story , another project. IF anyone has done this swap please post up some pics .

F that, put the 496 in the truck!!!!!!:D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Twistedgmt400