Carb on LS Based motor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
I may be wrong but I don't think the lifter valley on LS engines has a place made for a distributor to meet a cam gear. It would require machine work which would be much more expense. I would just use the crank trigger. I can see the benefits of either setup, carb vs efi, but if you can get a complete engine with computer and harness for just as good of a deal as any, I would learn how to use the computer-controlled setup. Those easy cold starts, and if you drive with your heel you might be able to pull down 18mpg, it would be worth it IMO.
Your heel is supposed to be on the floor?????

crazy4offroad

Equal Opportunity Destroyer
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP205
Exactly, when you're coasting. Which is what that saying means. "Drive with your heel" means keep your foot out of the gas.

ChevyRealHeavy

Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
C3500
Engine Size
IMO a computer ans miles of wires and hundreds of $$ on sensors only gives just a hair better performance than a properly tuned carbed engine.
OK, injectors and computer give you a cold running engine that a carb will have a hard time competing with. And fuel savings...? Well that's subjective on your driving habits and engine tune.
As consumers we are addicted to bling, and BS. It's not like everything that is 5 minutes old becomes obsolete. Sometimes new is better, but not across the board, no way.
How many of today's new trucks... $80K +..... will be on the road in 35 years like our beloved square bodies?

I do agree that FI will be better for cold starts, but cold starts aren't really a thing where I live, I used to ride a carbed sportster every day to school during the winter. If the bike can start the truck can too.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RNFL