Carb and intake suggestions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

spanky55amg

I'll give u $5, a hardy handshake, & 5 fish sticks
Reaction score
First Name
Spanky
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 Short Fleet
Engine Size
V8
Did someone say scotch?

I would take it further and say that sequential fuel injection is a fine scotch. Maybe you can put MPFI in like... sipping tequila or something.

spanky55amg

I'll give u $5, a hardy handshake, & 5 fish sticks
Reaction score
First Name
Spanky
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 Short Fleet
Engine Size
V8
After buying the truck I wanted better mileage. Had the Qjet rebuilt locally. Mileage never changed. So I bought a new Demon carb. Not that I have issues with the Demon, but I hadn't read the "stick with Qjet for power/mileage" yet. Really wish I'd sent the Qjet off and had it rebuilt. Since all my focus/money is on the LS swap, I don't have time to tune the Demon to my needs.

This is why I am just buying a good reman Q-jet. Im saving for an LSx swap.

BigSexy78

Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I ended up having a buddy come over and tune on the qaudrajet and it made it a lot better, not perfect but pretty close

rt66paul

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
paul
Truck Year
1991 suburban
Truck Model
Engine Size
Qjet metering rods will wear the carb body. I would search for a new carb and use it. Many guys back in the day would run replacement holleys and they did not cut it. Qjets are great carbs, get the best milage and work well until worn

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
K10_Travis