Can't Decide if TCC/TCC Solenoid Is Bad

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

4WDKC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kacy
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Almost certain. Everything from start to finish in the fuel system has been checked, and it's all about fifteen months old. It runs great when that lockup connector is disconnected.

I checked this one, too. Cap is about fifteen months old, and it has no corrosion, burning, melting, etc.

It is carbed, but it has the CCC system with an E4ME Quadrajet. I tried to test this by plugging the line going into the EGR valve, and I also tried unplugging the diverter to see if I could notice a difference. It ran just as the bad. The only thing that will eradicate the symptoms I'm having is unplugging the lockup. It'll still do a little of that shudder right before you come to a complete stop, but the shaking and all those grandiose symptoms go away. Plug it back in, and it comes back immediately.

From the little I just read about that carb it feeds info to an ECM, betting the ecm locks up the tcc. If the ecm is seeing incorrect values it may not be unlocking the tcc.

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
power to the tcc should be going through the brake switch, if brakes are applied and switch is working tcc should have no effect coming to a stop

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Twistedgmt400