Calling all painters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cooperhw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Truck Year
1978, 1981, 1983
Truck Model
C-10, K-20, C-20
Engine Size
5.7L
Shout out to any of you professional painters. I paint my own stuff and have done more than one two tone interior, but it's always a bit of questioning myself as to which part of the interior to shoot first.
I did the inside cab lid first on the last one, taped it off after a bit of time, then shot the lower portion of the cab interior, then stripped out the paper/tape and shot the entire interior with clear.
After I would tape off the cab interior at the door and window openings and shoot the exterior.
Just wanting to see if anybody out there might have any better suggestions.
Oh yeah, exterior will be 3 colors all buried in clear. But, that's another topic for another day.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Shout out to any of you professional painters. I paint my own stuff and have done more than one two tone interior, but it's always a bit of questioning myself as to which part of the interior to shoot first.
I did the inside cab lid first on the last one, taped it off after a bit of time, then shot the lower portion of the cab interior, then stripped out the paper/tape and shot the entire interior with clear.
After I would tape off the cab interior at the door and window openings and shoot the exterior.
Just wanting to see if anybody out there might have any better suggestions.
Oh yeah, exterior will be 3 colors all buried in clear. But, that's another topic for another day.
Your own mind can be your own worst enemy sometimes.......if it works for you run with it. I was told by my auto body prof. body and painting is 25%skill 75% technique.

Last edited:

cooperhw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Truck Year
1978, 1981, 1983
Truck Model
C-10, K-20, C-20
Engine Size
5.7L
Yeah, I have a tendency to over think things

theBIGnaud

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10
Engine Size
Vortec 350
Have you sprayed? Sounds like a solid plan to me, after you remove the tape knock down the high paint edge and feather it in with like 1000-1500 wet grit Try to get that edge as uniform as possible before you clear. Just a suggestion, If possible split the color transition on a body line.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RNFL