Cab rebuild

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OkieFishMan

Certified Camping and Fishing Nut
Reaction score
First Name
OkieFishMan
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC C2500
Engine Size
454/SM465

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Honky, you done went and changed your damn pic a couple days ago and its still confusing me!!!!!!!
It’s a metaphor in regards to my personality. With out the mask/muzzle who knows what kinda hurtful ***** gonna come out. @skysurfer posted a pic of a bunch of German Shepards staring down a cat and well it fits. (It’s a console thing lol)

RustyPile

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Truck Year
1983 GMC
Truck Model
Engine Size
350 SBC
It’s a metaphor in regards to my personality. With out the mask/muzzle who knows what kinda hurtful ***** gonna come out. @skysurfer posted a pic of a bunch of German Shepards staring down a cat and well it fits. (It’s a console thing lol)
So??? You're trying to justify your Smells-Like-a-Wet-Dog personality??:puke: :happy175: :happy175:

Iowan

Loud and Proud American!
Reaction score
First Name
Calvin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500
Engine Size
350 crate
I love when threads get hijack makes me laugh

Iowan

Loud and Proud American!
Reaction score
First Name
Calvin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500
Engine Size
350 crate
The last update of Goose.

As of Nov 15, 2017 9:00pm we have officially decided to sell the 1980 C10. it was a hard decision, but one that needed to happen. Thank you for all the help and encouragement you have given me the past year. I do hope I can stick around like @Honky Kong jr and @RustyPile, to give tips, tricks, hijack a couple threads, and get some free EX Lax from Rustypile. I never thought I could love a truck in this way. This isn't my last Square though!!! Sincerely---Iowan

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407

As of Nov 15, 2017 9:00pm we have officially decided to sell the 1980 C10. it was a hard decision, but one that needed to happen. Thank you for all the help and encouragement you have given me the past year. I do hope I can stick around like @Honky Kong jr and @RustyPile, to give tips, tricks, hijack a couple threads, and get some free EX Lax from Rustypile. I never thought I could love a truck in this way. This isn't my last Square though!!! Sincerely---Iowan
Be sure to stick around. Sucks about the truck.

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
I'll give you the same advice I was given at your age. Get something cheap and reliable, that's good on gas. Something you have no attachment to, and therefore no desire to modify. Save your money by not messing with that car, and get a much nicer truck down the road. I didn't listen. I spent 20 some odd years chasing my tail trying to get into a position where I could get/build the truck I wanted.

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
I'll give you the same advice I was given at your age. Get something cheap and reliable, that's good on gas. Something you have no attachment to, and therefore no desire to modify. Save your money by not messing with that car, and get a much nicer truck down the road. I didn't listen. I spent 20 some odd years chasing my tail trying to get into a position where I could get/build the truck I wanted.
Good advice there...

RustyPile

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Truck Year
1983 GMC
Truck Model
Engine Size
350 SBC

@Iowan, I grew up in an era when life moved at a slower pace.. I took my work seriously, not so with my daily routine.. In the shop, we played the radio loud, passed banter back and forth, but did our best at repairing those (now antiquated) vehicles.. Personally, I consider the How To and Build threads to be like a seminar or classroom.. I don't "act up" there but everything else is pretty much fair game.. I do make sure that the OP has received sufficient information to "attack" his problem.. Then --- game on...

I just received my latest shipment of Ex Lax this morning.. I'll put back a couple pacs for when you show up next time :console:..

No need to explain why you decided to sell, but let me say this.. Bringing back that truck will be a lofty project, one not for the faint of heart or for a person not having great fabrication and metal working skills.. I'm in East Texas about 100 miles southeast of the Dallas/Ft Worth area.. Old vehicles don't get rust cancer here, they "live" forever.. The town of Elkhart where I live has a population of 1200... There is probably 10 or 15 square bodies right here being used as daily drivers. The local Volunteer Fire Department has 3 that I know of. I know of 3 that are for sale.. And the local pic n pull about 8 miles up the road has about a dozen rust free SBs.. All are missing some parts, but all are worthy candidates for restoration.. If it's within your plans to get another SB and you feel like making the trip, I'd be more than happy to "go shopping" with you...:cheers:

Iowan

Loud and Proud American!
Reaction score
First Name
Calvin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500
Engine Size
350 crate
:Plugged:
Be sure to stick around. Sucks about the truck.

It does.

I'm looking at 94-01 Rams. Anyone know anything about the 8.0 V10s?

@Iowan, I grew up in an era when life moved at a slower pace.. I took my work seriously, not so with my daily routine.. In the shop, we played the radio loud, passed banter back and forth, but did our best at repairing those (now antiquated) vehicles.. Personally, I consider the How To and Build threads to be like a seminar or classroom.. I don't "act up" there but everything else is pretty much fair game.. I do make sure that the OP has received sufficient information to "attack" his problem.. Then --- game on...

I just received my latest shipment of Ex Lax this morning.. I'll put back a couple pacs for when you show up next time :console:..

No need to explain why you decided to sell, but let me say this.. Bringing back that truck will be a lofty project, one not for the faint of heart or for a person not having great fabrication and metal working skills.. I'm in East Texas about 100 miles southeast of the Dallas/Ft Worth area.. Old vehicles don't get rust cancer here, they "live" forever.. The town of Elkhart where I live has a population of 1200... There is probably 10 or 15 square bodies right here being used as daily drivers. The local Volunteer Fire Department has 3 that I know of. I know of 3 that are for sale.. And the local pic n pull about 8 miles up the road has about a dozen rust free SBs.. All are missing some parts, but all are worthy candidates for restoration.. If it's within your plans to get another SB and you feel like making the trip, I'd be more than happy to "go shopping" with you...:cheers:
That was moving, especially the Ex Lax part:Plugged:.
Maybe ill take you up on that shoopin day :handshake:
I don't think ill ever loose the place in my heart for squares.

Truth be told, I'm selling because I can afford it, its not something I can see my future girl in, and other than from you guys I haven't gotten any positive things said about it.

Thanks for the support guys! Just what I needed!!

Last edited:

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
:Plugged:

It does.

I'm looking at 94-01 Rams. Anyone know anything about the 8.0 V10s?

That was moving, especially the Ex Lax part:Plugged:.
Maybe ill take you up on that shoopin day :handshake:
I don't think ill ever loose the place in my heart for squares.

Truth be told, I'm selling because I can afford it, its not something I can see my future girl in, and other than from you guys I haven't gotten any positive things said about it.

Thanks for the support guys! Just what I needed!!
If your looking at V10 Dodges plan on spending a lot of time at the fuel pump and around here age for age they rot faster then squares do. Just saying

Iowan

Loud and Proud American!
Reaction score
First Name
Calvin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500
Engine Size
350 crate
If your looking at V10 Dodges plan on spending a lot of time at the fuel pump and around here age for age they rot faster then squares do. Just saying
How about the V6, I know not Ideal but transportation.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dhatch84