Cab lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
I actually stumbled across an article last night about clearance (marker) lights, and it's a legit federal mandate. Number, spacing, colors, location, etc. That's why you also see them on the tailgates of our K30's and such (if they're still original) It's every vehicle that's over 80 inches wide at some point across the body or driveline. Which they brought up the ford raptor (PUKE) and how it has amber clearance/marker lights on the front and red ones on the back of them because they're wider than 80" and a standard F150 does not have the lights because it's narrower than 80" (79.9" to be exact Lol).. And here I thought that was just retarded Ford Raptor owners trying to look cool and justify their p.o.s.' vehicle choices and bring more attention on themselves! Me personally, I think they're a nice look on an old Chevy! Heck, I even like the way they look on the late 70's Fords.. But, I grew up around trucks that always seemed to have them, so I'm partially partial to them myself!

The Quadrasteer GM trucks and Burbs had clearance lights too, because of those ever so slightly wider rear hips.

Dougnsalem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
i did, but then he banned me after that because he said my IP address didnt match my location. he sent me a snarky message about how "the location is not a game and thanks for wasting my time". if you search my IP it comes up on the east coast half the time. so it's not really a reliable way for him to monitor users. oh well, i dont really care. i've already downloaded all the TMs i need from the site.
I'd be opening a new account every day for a month, using a VPN. Just because he was a jackass....

hatzie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
k20
Engine Size
I'd be opening a new account every day for a month, using a VPN. Just because he was a jackass....

There's gotta be more to the story. Something else pissed him off.
My IP says I'm in whatever state I happen to be working and even here at home it shows Maine, VT, NH, MA, and even NY, CT, or RI sometimes. I listed my location as Cincinnati, OH a long time ago and only recently updated it. I don't have any issues on that site.

Dougnsalem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
My IP says I'm in whatever state I happen to be working and even here at home it shows Maine, VT, NH, MA, and even NY, CT, or RI sometimes. I listed my location as Cincinnati, OH a long time ago and only recently updated it. I don't have any issues on that site.
That's cool then. We'll let him off the hook. This time.... Lol. I did check out the site. Was interesting looking at all the military stuff....

Frankenchevy

Proverbs 16:18
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small

I was literally my first and second post. I can screenshot the emails I was sent...

Frankenchevy

Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small

I got this after my very first post on the forum
You must be registered for see images attach

so I updated my location and got this on my second post ever on the forum and now I'm banned, haha
You must be registered for see images attach

the guy is just a hard on, who cares if my actual location is used in my profile.

Frankenchevy

Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
as I said before, my only two posts on the site ever...period. maybe his girl left him last night, but there isn't more to the story as far as anything I did. I listed my location as the hunza valley. wasn't even vulgar. the hunza valley is known for having people over 120 years old. they seem like they ban people for whatever doesn't make them happy that day. I've read many posts about people getting booted. they are sensitive.

Dougnsalem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
as I said before, my only two posts on the site ever...period. maybe his girl left him last night, but there isn't more to the story as far as anything I did. I listed my location as the hunza valley. wasn't even vulgar. the hunza valley is known for having people over 120 years old. they seem like they ban people for whatever doesn't make them happy that day. I've read many posts about people getting booted. they are sensitive.
That's it. The VPN is back on. Lol. Look at the bright side though- it says the infraction was worth a point. I wonder what you get, when you save up 10 or so...

And LMAO @ the Hunza Valley....

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
So I’d fit right in????

QBuff02

I like Big Blocks and I cannot lie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Quincy
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
I still got your lights and harness I didn’t forget

No problem fella! We've been so busy with work and weather that I haven't really begun to tinker yet.. :handshake:

Big Chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C35
Engine Size
I bet he could if he posted his location as "the rings of uranus"
Ha!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk