Buying Antifreeze, Don't pay for Water !!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
So my handicapped buddy sent one of his friends to the Auto Parts store to get a gallon of antifreeze. The buddy came back with a gallon of 50/50 Mix Antifreeze and was asked, Why the helll did you get 50/50? The friend said because it was a $1 cheaper and it said for all makes and models.

OK, so I told his friend that he needs his mancard taken away for being an idiot.
In case everyone here doesn't know, you NEVER fall for that ******** where you buy a gallon of 50/50 for $12.99 when for $1 more you get a gallon of full strength that will make 2 gallons of 50/50. You can even collect a gallon of rain water for FREE instead of paying $12.99 for a half gallon of Antifreeze and a half gallon of water.

***** BUT, here is what prompted me to post about this issue. I got my April Napa sales flyer in the mail. They have Napa Brand 50/50 Antifreeze on sale through the end of April for $4.99. That works out to be equal to a full strength gallon for $9.98 a gallon which is a pretty good deal since I rarely see a gallon of full strength for anything less that about $12. *****

So there you have it. You have my permission to go buy 50/50 Antifreeze/Coolant and keep your mancard. :cheers:

Georgeb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
George
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Burb Z71
Engine Size
So my handicapped buddy sent one of his friends to the Auto Parts store to get a gallon of antifreeze. The buddy came back with a gallon of 50/50 Mix Antifreeze and was asked, Why the helll did you get 50/50? The friend said because it was a $1 cheaper and it said for all makes and models.

OK, so I told his friend that he needs his mancard taken away for being an idiot.
In case everyone here doesn't know, you NEVER fall for that ******** where you buy a gallon of 50/50 for $12.99 when for $1 more you get a gallon of full strength that will make 2 gallons of 50/50. You can even collect a gallon of rain water for FREE instead of paying $12.99 for a half gallon of Antifreeze and a half gallon of water.

***** BUT, here is what prompted me to post about this issue. I got my April Napa sales flyer in the mail. They have Napa Brand 50/50 Antifreeze on sale through the end of April for $4.99. That works out to be equal to a full strength gallon for $9.98 a gallon which is a pretty good deal since I rarely see a gallon of full strength for anything less that about $12. *****

So there you have it. You have my permission to go buy 50/50 Antifreeze/Coolant and keep your mancard. :cheers:

I still mix my own. Has anyone checked the freeze point of the premixed? -35 is my target....

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I still mix my own. Has anyone checked the freeze point of the premixed? -35 is my target....

Good Point. Some of you in the far North or Canada probably need a little better than 50/50 at times.

smoothandlow84

I'd rather be draggin' frame
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Truck Year
1984 Frame...87 motor and 700r trans
Truck Model
1500 r10 pavement scraper
Engine Size
350 TBI
I never have nor will i buy pre mixed antifreeze/coolant. Its package for idiots who can't measure. I usually have a mix of 80/20 in all my vehicles not for freeze limiting but heat transfer capabilities. It especially worries me to hear of anyone using non distilled water in the mix. Don't use tap water!!

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
WalMart has the straight stuff $9.98 and $.88 for distilled water, I never buy the pre mixed stuff..

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size
NAPA's also doing the NAPA bucket thing this month, I heard. You buy the little three or four dollar bucket, and whatever you can fit in there is twenty percent off. The minimum is three items, but that sounds like a potentially good deal for the right parts. I heard it on the radio so you'd probably have to check with your local one to see if they're participating, but yeah. I wish they did this during the summer because that's when I have an influx of car parts purchases, but I know that's not the case for everyone.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Yep, the 5 gallon bucket deal is in the ad too. Also, All Napa Gold Filters, which are made by WIX are 50% off this month too. Napa Gold is good filters.

Attachments

• NapaSale 001.jpg
    NapaSale 001.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 144

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Sea Foam and Sea Foam Trans Tune cans are also on sale for $6.99. Seems that stuff is $8.99 to $9.99 a can now days at the discount auto stores. I still just get it at Walmart since it's usually $6.97 a can on their Everyday Low Price with the Smiley Face. And you know that Fuggin Smiley Face just cheers me the phuck up !!!

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size
Didn't realize it was a big bucket like that. I thought it was just one of those little ones that you can get at the dollar store. That makes the deal better if you need bigger items like a Saginaw box or something. I'm guessing you're also limited to one bucket per trip.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pete08