Bvllsh!t on craigslist.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hip 2 be square

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 'funny CL stories':

I need a bumper for my '90 Blazer. Just stock, I'm not being fussy or anything right now. I'm hoping for around the $50 mark. Not a tall order in my mind. I open up CL and search, but I'm coming up dry. I change parameters a few times and find a 454 for sale. It's damn cheap for what it looks like, so for *****' and grins i call the guy. The ad is 6 weeks old so I'm already waiting to hear it's sold. Nope, not sold and it's 5 blocks away from the house. I go look at it and it's super clean looking '90 454 TBI motor with ECM, engine harness complete, under dash harness complete, with a bunch of new parts. $500.

So I bought it and still don't have a front bumper.

Fast forward a month, I'm still lookin for a front bumper. i open up CL again and search for an hour or so. I get frustrated and start browsing other stuff. I run across a 17' Triple E camper trailer for $800. Pic's look good. I show my wife, and she really likes it. I call the guy and it's still for sale, so we head down there and it is in really nice shape, although it needs some minor TLC. We decide to buy it, offer $700 and towed it home right then and there.

I'm scared to look for a front bumper anymore...God only knows what I'll end up buying next.

greencountry05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Skinny
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500
Engine Size
My 'funny CL stories':

I need a bumper for my '90 Blazer. Just stock, I'm not being fussy or anything right now. I'm hoping for around the $50 mark. Not a tall order in my mind. I open up CL and search, but I'm coming up dry. I change parameters a few times and find a 454 for sale. It's damn cheap for what it looks like, so for *****' and grins i call the guy. The ad is 6 weeks old so I'm already waiting to hear it's sold. Nope, not sold and it's 5 blocks away from the house. I go look at it and it's super clean looking '90 454 TBI motor with ECM, engine harness complete, under dash harness complete, with a bunch of new parts. $500.

So I bought it and still don't have a front bumper.

Fast forward a month, I'm still lookin for a front bumper. i open up CL again and search for an hour or so. I get frustrated and start browsing other stuff. I run across a 17' Triple E camper trailer for $800. Pic's look good. I show my wife, and she really likes it. I call the guy and it's still for sale, so we head down there and it is in really nice shape, although it needs some minor TLC. We decide to buy it, offer $700 and towed it home right then and there.

I'm scared to look for a front bumper anymore...God only knows what I'll end up buying next.

Lol, it's so true. Getting on Craigslist is like going to Wal-Mart. You go in for three things and come out with $200.00 worth of ****.

Irishman999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-1500 High Sierra
Engine Size
my biggest problem lately is buying a new tool and immediately seeing a cheap one on craigslist.

Irishman999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-1500 High Sierra
Engine Size
If that thing sells for over 5k I think I will forget about getting a job and just build "rock crawlers" all day long.

Don't get me wrong, looks cool but its basically a toyota truck with a bunch of bent tube around it. I could see it worth what he wants if the truck was riding on coil overs.

Irishman999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-1500 High Sierra
Engine Size
I've been searching for a set of stock manifolds, I just got back from a 120 mile round trip to find out the set had 2 studs instead of 3, price was 20 bucks. Another guy was giving me ram heads for free. Look at this *******.

http://reno.craigslist.org/pts/2073127457.html

Notice they don't even have any hardware included.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Those are not 305 manifolds anyway. Those are 350 manifolds.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Nope, 305 and 350 manifolds are differant. I'll look for some pics.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
The 305 manifolds look more like these. Now those 350 manifolds will certainly bolt onto your 305, but where the exhaust dumps will be differant, then you'd have to have exhaust shop work done.

Attachments

• 305exmandriver.jpg
    305exmandriver.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 297
  • 305exmanpassngr.jpg
    305exmanpassngr.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 319

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RNFL