Bvllsh!t on craigslist.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
Wow, it'd be devastating to lose something of that kind of personal value!

Irishman999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-1500 High Sierra
Engine Size
I hope whatever scum took his bike has the decency to return that stuff.

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30 Dually
Engine Size
Damn *****. :nono:

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I don't why, it appears CL isn't working right now. I think I made a score today on CL. A guy had an add for a NP241 and 700r4 1989 K case make offer. The guy obviously didn't know what they were since he called the trans a 4L60-E. So I offered $100 for all of it as cores, the trans and the Tcase, and he took it. I am using my NP208 of course, so I'll be selling the NP241, but I did get me an 88-92 700r4 trans core, and it is the preffered K case also. He told me when I picked them up, and I said I was going to rebuild them before I used them, he said I don't know why, they work perfect. So finally I get to beef up a 700r4 K case for 85 K10/20 project and later on, I'll probably go with a NP205 when I finally snag a deal on one of those.
http://oklahomacity.craigslist.org/pts/1979152949.html

Irishman999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-1500 High Sierra
Engine Size
Thats an awesome deal on that trans! Most people want a ton of money for their parts or tools and some people just give stuff away for nothing. Im pretty happy about finding my SM465 for 75 bucks, I even put up an add asking if i could rent a transmission jack from someone and got a response.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Thats an awesome deal on that trans! Most people want a ton of money for their parts or tools and some people just give stuff away for nothing. Im pretty happy about finding my SM465 for 75 bucks, I even put up an add asking if i could rent a transmission jack from someone and got a response.
I really wanted this project to be with an SM465, and it may eventually be someday, for now I just want it together and its originally a 700r4 NP208, so thats what I am going with. But, I have bought an SM465 already, it came with an aluminum hydraulic clutch bellhousing and clutch fork too. I also got it off CL for $50 about 3 weeks ago. Didn't even need it, but it popped up for $50 and happen to be 2 miles from my house, and at 9:30 at night, I stopped at the ATM, paid the dude and hauled it off. I was not even passing that deal up. It also is good, the guy just converted his 87 to NV4500 and wanted the SM465 out of his way. But you are right, most other SM465's they want $150-$400 for them, and not even certain of their condition cuz they have been sitting out in some pasture for years. Crazy !!! But I do know a steal when I see it and I jump at those deals. Like this NP241, I don't need it, no intention of using it, so it'll probably go right back on CL with some better pics and I'll get it sold and get some of my money back. One of these days I oughta update you guys on how many projects I actually have working. LMAO, you guys probably thinking, this is guy is full of ****, he mentions this and mentions that, and is all over place with ideas and gonna do's and has.

Irishman999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-1500 High Sierra
Engine Size
The beauty of selling that transfer case on CL is some dude probibly needs it and thinks he's getting an awesome deal!

Im surprised these transmissions are so common and cheap, they are very heavy duty. The real bitch about this whole thing is.... My dad has 2 of them sitting in his garage in Eastern Arizona, One is a fresh rebuilt never installed. about 100 miles away from there during my move is when the input shaft bearing started to get bad and I made the decision to keep going.

At this point it would cost me about 300 bucks at the minimum to go get the rebuilt trans from my dad, 75 on craigslist is a hell of a deal!

Then you have to consider how much extra weight im adding to my already overloaded truck, taking that boat anchor of a transmission 1000 miles would probibly cost enough gas to just buy one when you arrive, maybe it was the right decision to keep going!

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Thats a fact, those SM465's are hard to kill. One bad thing about them though, don't rest your hand on that gearshift. That wears that pin in the shifter mechanism then you end up with shift fork problems. Past that, can't kill one. ANd I know some people just weld that shift part solid and grind it down, so no need for the pin anymore and can't hurt it resting your hand on gearshift either. I wish they were cheap around here, but they aren't. AS I said, that one I got for $50 was a steal, and it popped up at like 9:20 at night, and I seen it come up and called right away and the guy said he'd be up for another 30 minutes, so I went and got it. He got 2 more calls on it while I was loading it up, then he said, I think I sold it to cheap. LMAO, I just said $50 is a good price, Thanks, See Ya !!! And today I just sold a 12 bolt 3.08 rear end with G80 locking Diff out of an 80 GMC for $150 cash. Yep, CL is very good for me.

Irishman999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-1500 High Sierra
Engine Size
I read a write up about that, With the loose pins. I don't drive with my hands on the shifter just out of habit but the one thing that drives me nuts is how far away the shifter is. Second gear I have to lean forward from my seat and it drives me nuts, I wish I could find a nice after-market shifter that was angled back a little more.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I read a write up about that, With the loose pins. I don't drive with my hands on the shifter just out of habit but the one thing that drives me nuts is how far away the shifter is. Second gear I have to lean forward from my seat and it drives me nuts, I wish I could find a nice after-market shifter that was angled back a little more.
I'd think there is a way you can take that shifter out of it, put it in a vise and get you a cheater pipe, and I bet you can bend the puppy closer to where you want it. If that don't work, take it to a machine shop and them hit it with the press and put a bend in it. I'd sure mark it off good, or get me a piece of pliabe metal to put in its place, get it where you like it, then show it to the guys you have bend it.

Irishman999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-1500 High Sierra
Engine Size
Thats a good idea, Im just surprised no body makes a after-market shifter, I cant be the only dude driving these trucks that hates leaning forward to shift.

greencountry05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Skinny
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500
Engine Size

Irishman999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-1500 High Sierra
Engine Size
To add to this incredible day on craigslist I just saw a post for a rebuilt and painted gm 4 speed transmission for a GM truck.

I just called the guy and it sounds like he has a SM465, right after I bought a good and used one for 150.

Gonna check it out, if its a 465 I will take the hit and buy this one too.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dhatch84